Unfortunate circumstances.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Hey gents

About five months ago I had trouble swallowing and thought it was due to a work related injury. After a few months I went to the doctors referred me to the hospital on the 10th of February.
I had a camera down my throat and they found a cancerous tumour. I had to go for a CT scan then another ultrasound and the a PET scan.
The results were that the cancer had gone too far. It has gone into my lymph nodes in my chest and abdomen.
I went to see the consultant last Thursday and he said it cannot be operated on. I asked how long life expectancy do I have thinking iy was a couple of years and he said 4-6 months.
I don't drink or smoke nor do I take any drugs. It's just one of those things I guess.
Anyway , I have known most of you gents on here for a long time and have seen many people come and go over the last decade and have all been great people to know.
I have spoken to Woodie about this and I have said that I will have to give up my role obviously as moderator.
You have all been excellent people and I have had many a laugh with you.
I thank Michael for the opportunity to have moderated THE biggest Large scale forum on this planet and a BIG thanks for you lads for looking after me here.
So if you don't hear from me you know whats happened. But I'll stay as long as I can.
Thanks you
James.

Sorry to hear that. Don't let it get you down or you might possibly make it worse by stressing you system. Live life to fullest. Doctors have been wrong before. I have had people go a lot longer than what they said was the timeline.

Sorry to hear that. Don't let it get you down or you might possibly make it worse by stressing you system. Live life to fullest. Doctors have been wrong before. I have had people go a lot longer than what they said was the timeline.
This is words of wisdom. Don't ask me how you stay positive under such circumstances, but the mind has tremendous power over the body. Placebo is real, and works wonders.

James, That is terrible news, I am very sorry to hear.
Short story.
My brother had lymphoma, he had two strains, one very fast moving the other was very slow moving. It had spread so quickly throughout his body, in his neck, chest and groin that they put him in chemo immediately. He called me on Saturday to tell me the news and the next Monday he was admitted. He had to quit his job and cancel school and basically put his life on hold to beat this terrible disease. His chemo schedule was for 7 days on then he had 21 days to recover. This went on for 6 months. I am proud to say he is going strong and it has been several years later, he just celebrated his 47th birthday on the 10th. Don't get me wrong, this was no easy task. His diet has changed quite drastically and he cant smell anymore nor can he taste but, he is alive and well.
What shocked me the most was how calm he was during this whole situation. I had breakdowns on a daily basis and he kept saying "don't worry about me, everything will be ok". With the advanced technology in medicines nowadays, there is hope.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks