Vekta.5 lse stock’ish build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this 80 installed I will be venturing for thicker oil as well..she's still a bit too soft for my liking, too bad the threads on the shafts weren't able to take both vavles. I am running ddms chrome springs which are stiffer than my stock kv5tt springs. I'm not 100% sure if they are the same spring rate as the stock kv5s. Another fellow brapper with a kv5tt, also on the forum suggested 250cst rear, 150cst up front, my kit came with 2x bottles of 150 and is like water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210324-122907_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210324-122907_Instagram.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 7
With this 80 installed I will be venturing for thicker oil as well..she's still a bit too soft for my liking, too bad the threads on the shafts weren't able to take both vavles. I am running ddms chrome springs which are stiffer than my stock kv5tt springs. I'm not 100% sure if they are the same spring rate as the stock kv5s. Another fellow brapper with a kv5tt, also on the forum suggested 250cst rear, 150cst up front, my kit came with 2x bottles of 150 and is like water.
I don't blame you there. Those bigbore motors are quite a bit heavier so yea i could see going stiffer there.

Sean I had one shock with stock fluid, and one shock with fork oil side by side and there was a noticeable difference. Even shaking the bottle and watching both fluids settle, there was a noticeable difference of viscosity. I like tinkering too so if it turns out too soft I’ll grab some thicker.

Last edited:
I don't blame you there. Those bigbore motors are quite a bit heavier so yea i could see going stiffer there.

Sean I had one shock with stock fluid, and one shock with fork oil side by side and there was a noticeable difference. Even shaking the bottle and watching both fluids settle, there was a noticeable difference of viscosity. I like tinkering too so if it turns out too soft I’ll grab some thicker.
Ah no I'm just saying it's odd, I contemplated tossing the 150 CST and 250 cst out for 45wt (575 cst) fluid but figured I'd leave it for now and see how it handles. Just interesting to see how the weights differ from kit to kit. As I cant explain why your fluid would be thicker then what I got all things being even.

Irp link Hilantronics steering. Had to drill out the horn to 4mm. Everything is nice and square. At full throw there’s plenty of room nothing touches.

Attachments

• FA52BE64-7A4F-472F-ACE0-172093F9A214.jpeg
    FA52BE64-7A4F-472F-ACE0-172093F9A214.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 19
  • F2A47BDF-3271-41BD-8DA4-B3545C818D9F.jpeg
    F2A47BDF-3271-41BD-8DA4-B3545C818D9F.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 18
What @Haric said, I noticed mine has the wobble as well when I spun it, the clutch bells machining is junk, I don't see how the flat shim washers balance anything, they were meant to shim and align the gears, as I'm looking atit in my hands right now

I used the vertigo shaft and installed shims instead of the crush washer mine runs pretty true. Im not sure why there isnt a aftermarket clutch bell out??‍♂️. Those welded clutch bells are not very true just like the hpi baja stock bells.

Just took mine off and its not the shaft. The bell isn't trued very well. Don't know what can be done about it other than the vertigo trans. FFS I bought the kit because I wanted to build something but this is getting ridiculous

It's the bell here too...just a whisker on the shaft, which could be from the unit not being together totally tight..but I agree the bell is the issue
You don't have to but the whole Vertigo kit just the main front piece and bell and gears and ur in pp
I kinda knew what I was getting into been watching the builds and complaints for years now, but still bought one and still love this thing. We'll get em straight. Starting to wonder how the ARTR's hold up or if it's the builders, I've made a few uh ohs myself?. I'd buy the kv5 kit if I was ready to build another kit

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks