What Do You Do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i figure i would join in.........1st jeremy1976 there is hope for you. i had 2 back surgerys 7 years ago lost a great job almost lost my house i had almost lost my mind. i felt useless because i could not provide for my family.i was 28 at the time..i hear you hang in there buddy life will get better.....now i have a way better job, bigger house...oh yeah i went back to school and became a hvac tech..i work for a major gas company doing service..i make more than most of my friends......hang in there

Boy, the bottom rung is getting crowded:helpsmilie: !

I've managed five bicycle stores over the last 15 years. A year and a half ago I quit working for one that was a mile from my house, to take over a store that was under new ownership 18 miles from home. I got an instant $5,000.00 raise, BUT on Jan. 5th I got laid off. The owner said it was either lay me off, or, close the doors for good since I was the highest paid employee he had. He said he won't be able to afford to hire me back once the season starts.

I've been looking for anything that will pay a half decent wage for the last two months, but nothing yet...

Rick

Last edited:
I work here www.jlfrench.com and I make automotive castings that go in you car :blink: , I have been working there for 13 yrs, and I pretty much can do it all, run a diecast maching, trim parts, inspect, run mills...... we make the following parts...Oil pans,waterpumps,front engine covers,engine blocks,transmissions,transfer cases,oil fitler adapters,cam carriers....we are one of the largest producers of powertrain supliers in the world.

ford
chrysler
gm
hyundia
magna

Last edited:
Andy (4u2nv) does great work. For over a year now, could be 2 years, he has supplied custom RC vinyl for me and many others in the hobby. I for one, am excited about him getting a vinyl printer. The limit is the imagination. Can you say full body wraps!
Thanks Ed (And Smaxxin!) I think its a little over 3 years though..lol.. Not to get off the topic of this thread, but the place I was gonna get the digital printer from was REALLY jerking me around.. I thought it was a little strange that they wanted my banking/savings/checking information on purchase and the guy tweaked on me, so I told him Id go spend my money elsewhere, so that was that. Im now checking out different places. There alot harder to find than a person would think..lol.. But yeah, the possibilities will be awesome. Cuts my work time in half too!

Hi guys, learned allot from this thread. I work for the state of Michigan, I'm classified as a welder (sometimes I think it should be a bolter, as we do allot of bolted repairs). The crew I work for does emergency repairs on steel beam bridges, started in 1994. I used to be an Auto mechanic before that, (god I miss it). Here's a few pics from a recent job. We are putting in supports and lifting the bridge an 1/8 inch, so contractors can come in and do the actual repair.

Attachments

• Radio Controlled 0122.jpg
    Radio Controlled 0122.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Radio Controlled 0142.jpg
    Radio Controlled 0142.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Radio Controlled 0152.jpg
    Radio Controlled 0152.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 13
hey Mic, be sure to let me know when your back up to the Scagnasty Bay poopy area. we ll have to hook up!!!

I am a Computer geek for my local governments IT shop. I am a jack of all trades master of none. If it makes noise and you have buttons to push I am expected to try to fix it. It hasn't paid for a Large Scale yet... but I am working on it! LOL

Tom

i don't work but my dad does. he makes molds for cars, the molds make plastic parts like dashbored and every thing eles plastic on the car. and me i cut grass $500 a week. good for now as im only 16. And no i don't go to school.

i don't work but my dad does. he makes molds for cars, the molds make plastic parts like dashbored and every thing eles plastic on the car. and me i cut grass $500 a week. good for now as im only 16. And no i don't go to school.

Damm $500 a week for a 16yo...dude a lot of adults wish they brought home that much..lol. What kinda grass u cutting man????

lol i cut about 20 yards a week. so thats like $25 a yard. its green grass. Soon ill be running a offroad track donno how much that will be bringing home.
$500 a week is nothing lol. my dad brings home around $2,000 a week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks