Which upgrades to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a balance charger, you plug the balance port in only. I have a similar charger and just the balance leads get plugged in. Your charger can do 1-3s so 3s would be the plug to the left.

My chargers have the same ports plus a main port for the charge lead.
Wasn't sure if that charger actually has another port on the back-side.

Still learning all the Lipo ins and outs after being away from hobby for so long.
Years ago, Lipo wasn't even an option.

I am confused, because of the LiPos I have. They all have the balanced white plug, but they charge via the XT90. And on this Dynamite charger I have a balanced plug and the other for charging looks like another balanced plug?175563888_4110818212283616_101632832297297685_n.jpg

Just curious, you know you can't use those in the 5ive t right?
Yes, thats why I asked, what new battery I will need, so it fits in stock Losi tray and could be charged via this Dynamite charger. How is your LiPos powering the trucks? What plug do you plug where? On my DBXLE I use the XT90 to the ESC and the ESC is pluged via 3pin black connector to the receiver on the esc slot. I ask so many questions, because I will get the car on eastern, so everything will be closed. I can't go and by missing stuff. I try to order everything I will need in advance.

Ok. 2 orders on the way:

- kill switch
- red and orange springs
- sparkplugs
- 2t oil and filter oil
- outerwears for pullstart, air filter and crank case
- team chase skid plates
- madmax superhog tyres
- fuel mixing bottle
- threadlock
- complete set of screws
- quick connect fuel line

What I miss is Lipo and maybe some adapter for the battery->charger. If you guys think something else is needed for stock Losi to drive, please let me know.

Cheers

You might need a control 🤣
Looks like you pretty much got it covered
I have DX5Pro from the DBXLE
It's a balance charger, you plug the balance port in only. I have a similar charger and just the balance leads get plugged in. Your charger can do 1-3s so 3s would be the plug to the left.
Sorry, missed that post of yours. Yes if 2S, balanced plug is 3 pins, 3S will have 4pins. I was thinking like mine other charger- you need to plug balanced cable and the charging cable.10x Rep. Now I just need to find a Lipo, which will fit in the tray. Got the stock dimensions of it? I checked the DDM battery with 101/45/28, but maybe the tray can be much the same or also quite biger/taller.
OK, since the LiPo question is sorted, next question- should I go for standard 2S 7.4V or get a 7.6V HV? What will be my limitation of using HV over normal? Receiver? Steering servo is listed as 6V, but throtle 6V-7.4V. On the DBXLE you have ESC which provide the proper voltage to the components. On gas trucks, you just plug everything to the RX right? So this means all components will get 7.4V. So the stock motor on 6V should burn out or not? Maybe is just a typo on HH page?

Last edited:
That's a big no to the quick connect fuel lines, other members had an issue with them leaking or introducing air into the lines. I have the super hogs on my big bore 5ive t and I made the mistake of locking the rear diff, if you lock the diff and turn to fast you'll cause it to roll over those tires have tons of grip. I'd reconsider your choice on tires if you plan to be aggressive you are and fast you want to turn.

That's a big no to the quick connect fuel lines, other members had an issue with them leaking or introducing air into the lines. I have the super hogs on my big bore 5ive t and I made the mistake of locking the rear diff, if you lock the diff and turn to fast you'll cause it to roll over those tires have tons of grip. I'd reconsider your choice on tires if you plan to be aggressive you are and fast you want to turn.
What about putting 2 in front and leave stock tyres at the bag so you can skid? Anyway, order is on the way, so will see how it goes. I can put them on the DBXLE and get the Ultra Grip from it and put on 5T...

That's a big no to the quick connect fuel lines,

I ran quick connects on RC plane and nothing but a pain in the a$$.
Don't add anything it doesn't need in the system you are asking for trouble. Leaks and also anything you put in line could easily be a restriction for fuel flow.
The last thing you want is for it to go into a lean condition.

Let me take that back.
Actually, the last thing you want is to smash head on into a wall at wide open throttle. LOL
Like this IMG_4911.jpegIMG_4912.jpeg

You only need to balance charge every few charges, a charge meter that hooks up to the balance leads will give you a good indication if it's needed, plus they are dirt cheap. Both leads should still be hooked up though.
X3 on the stupid quick connects and whatever other gimmick fuel line add ons. Just asking for more trouble.

Hay moev I was only joking about the control, I was trying to be a comedian🤣😂
Wow smoking you really did a good job of destroying the 1/8 nitro car
Thanks rep, now I know what to other white plugs do on my charger 👍

I ran quick connects on RC plane and nothing but a pain in the a$$.
Don't add anything it doesn't need in the system you are asking for trouble. Leaks and also anything you put in line could easily be a restriction for fuel flow.
The last thing you want is for it to go into a lean condition.

Let me take that back.
Actually, the last thing you want is to smash head on into a wall at wide open throttle. LOL
Like this View attachment 91695View attachment 91696
Sadly I can't find the pics from mine DBXLE reck. I hit a curb at 60mph only with the fron right tire. The whole car just desintegrated. ESC shot out in one directions front diff in other, motor mount twisted from the impact. Chassis was almost 2in bent out of shape....It was carnage. Spent almost an hour searching for all the scattered parts (it was near a park with trees and grass)...

Sounds Nasty moev, that's way I like to run on Sports ground, I'm renting on a 300 acher sugar cane farm, I've come so close to hitting tractor implements, plus the landlord gets cranky when I chew up the front yard, so I don't run my car at home much any more

Sadly I can't find the pics from mine DBXLE reck. I hit a curb at 60mph only with the fron right tire. The whole car just desintegrated. ESC shot out in one directions front diff in other, motor mount twisted from the impact. Chassis was almost 2in bent out of shape....It was carnage. Spent almost an hour searching for all the scattered parts (it was near a park with trees and grass)...

Thats OK , maybe not finding pictures is a good thing. Don't want to live the nightmare over again.
I guess it's just a chance we take to play. Between my son and I we have lost a few but we just keep digging.

Funny you mention looking for parts.
The first one I wrecked years ago was at a school not far from me.
I made 3 or 4 trips back there to find what flew off. I'd go look for maybe a half hour, give up and then back again. I repeated this until I finally found everything. Took a few days but I was determined to salvage anything I could.

So I am doing some reading of older posts. Back to 2018 already. On couple of places is mensioned big bore pipe. What is the dif between pipe and big bore one? When is one needed than another?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks