Whining from car when running ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buzzkill

Mad?scientist
Ok most likely this has happened to others , after I put on a new top end ( ESP ported ) I noticed whining coming from the car , I tried resetting the brakes and they seemed ok at that time , I checked them later and they were hanging up , do you think its the brakes or maybe the clutch ? maybe rear end ?

Red automotive grease works good for the gears. And I agree when the car is going straight the diff is just going with the ring and pinion. Now you if you lock up one tire now you have more gear noise as the diff is now responding to one tire....also just check to make sure nothing is touching when the crank is spinning

check the diff
Ya being a Rovan I should have pulled it apart in the beginning , gonna pull it and check it out. Any thoughts about using Permatex antiseize compound in the Diff ? I have used this stuff in all kinds of places , it is thick and NEVER sticks + it has a super high temp capacity.

NO!..grease only! Never seize has powdered aluminum in it...thats gunna polish your gears and throw off your gear lash and since you can't adjust it say goodbye to your diff and cass

Ya being a Rovan I should have pulled it apart in the beginning , gonna pull it and check it out. Any thoughts about using Permatex antiseize compound in the Diff ? I have used this stuff in all kinds of places , it is thick and NEVER sticks + it has a super high temp capacity.
no you wanna use grease for the transmission gears, in the diff u should use silicon oil, Grease is way too light and will perform terribly. I run 60k wieght.

Last edited:
NO!..grease only! Never seize has powdered aluminum in it...thats gunna polish your gears and throw off your gear lash and since you can't adjust it say goodbye to your diff and cass
To late LOL , Ive been using Permatex Anti-seize for many years with no issues in dirt bikes carts etc. beside this thing could loosen up ! AND then I can buy a real Diff. ! , I didnt clean out the old oil just added the anti.
Fekkin stuff is buried in there man

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks