Your FIRST R/C?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sears Lobo (the Tyco copy)...1986. I saved up for a Tamiya Hornet about 7-8 months later!

I looked all over ebay and youtube for the Lobo and the Super Lobo, I couldn't find it though :no: My cousin had one and would smoke my Bandit all day! I always hated that!!!

Hornet was/is a cool car, I'm glad they re-released them...

Trip..

my first "hobby grade" rc was a tamiya lunch-box wich i fitted with some foams, a "house" motor(stock class) and raced on a carpet track twice a week.. i got my ars handed to me every night!! saved for a bit and bought a losi jr-t and raced that thing till the wheels fell off. had a couple others during that time like a hi-lux, rc10(before the stealth tranny!) rc10t and so on. also raced a few 12th scale pan cars. had a blast back then!! and still lovin it.

I still have my Losi JRX2, (The race buggy version of the JR-2 and JR-T.) I had, at one time, 14 Gonzo cells (remember those?) and a hand wound (by me) 6 turn single motor! Ran great for about 3 minutes until the ESC started to glow (I only ran it once and it was dark outside) then she smoked and popped the electronics and that was all she wrote. It has been in the closet for 12 years, thanks for reminding me about it!! I think I will restore it. Did your JR-T have the 5 link rear susp? Sorry about the lousy web cam photos, I will pick up a new digital this weekend! I promise!!

Trip..

Last edited:
Thanks BTB, I had that damn jingle for 3 months and I just finally got rid of it (or so I thought) Then I clicked your link and guess what?! Yup, I'm sure it will be back again for another 3 months! Thanks Alot!!

Sorry, I had a smart ars moment and had to post it. I know what you mean about the dang jingle...:lol:

I still have my Losi JRX2, (The race buggy version of the JR-2 and JR-T.) I had, at one time, 14 Gonzo cells (remember those?) and a hand wound (by me) 6 turn single motor! Ran great for about 3 minutes until the ESC started to glow (I only ran it once and it was dark outside) then she smoked and popped the electronics and that was all she wrote. It has been in the closet for 12 years, thanks for reminding me about it!! I think I will restore it. Did your JR-T have the 5 link rear susp? Sorry about the lousy web cam photos, I will pick up a new digital this weekend! I promise!!

Trip..

Trip,

I had a Losi JRX2 when it came out in 88. All I had at the time was a Tamiya Hornet and was really excited about the Losi. The RC10 guys at the hobby shop I was working at would give me crap about Losi. The 5 link was pretty cool at the time. I raced it for a couple years and finally sold it. I'm still a big fan of Losi. Too bad the Losi family sold the name to Horizon Hobbies. I think Gil Losi Jr is working at Kyosho now.

I had a Zeta programmable speed controller, hooked up 14 cells to that thing one time. Unbelievable speed.

That is so cool!!!! I figured I was the only one! As far as the Rc-10 is concerned, My next door neighbor had one that was stock and I used to blow his doors off with my stock Tyco Turbo Bandit!!! LOL!!!

My Jrx-2 didn't come with anything (Body, tires, wheels) especially a motor, I could only imagine what I could have done to that Rc-10 with my Losi, back when I was racing!!

I just picked up a gold chassis Rc-10 at a flea market the other day for $3.00 yes, 3 bucks!! An old one with the white A-arms and tiny little wheels... I love the old stuff!!!

Trip..

P.S. I still have the original box and owners manual for the Jr-X2!!! I wonder how much that is worth? I bought the buggy brand new in 1996, still wrapped in the original plastic wrap. It had been siting on the shelf at a local Riders Hobby shop since 1989!!! I bought it for $75.00 but, it had a sticker for $375.00!!!! Little did they know what it could be worth...

Last edited:
That is so cool!!!! I figured I was the only one! As far as the Rc-10 is concerned, My next door neighbor had one that was stock and I used to blow his doors off with my stock Tyco Turbo Bandit!!! LOL!!!

My Jrx-2 didn't come with anything (Body, tires, wheels) especially a motor, I could only imagine what I could have done to that Rc-10 with my Losi, back when I was racing!!

I just picked up a gold chassis Rc-10 at a flea market the other day for $3.00 yes, 3 bucks!! An old one with the white A-arms and tiny little wheels... I love the old stuff!!!

Trip..

P.S. I still have the original box and owners manual for the Jr-X2!!! I wonder how much that is worth? I bought the buggy brand new in 1996, still wrapped in the original plastic wrap. It had been siting on the shelf at a local Riders Hobby shop since 1989!!! I bought it for $75.00 but, it had a sticker for $375.00!!!! Little did they know what it could be worth...

Man, hold onto it. You got a deal for sure. Not sure what it is worth, but I wouldn't give it up. I'm going to keep watch for one. I like the link suspension it had. I remember the shocks sucked originally, the shock cartridges leaked like a....Duratrax Firehammer shock! It was a pretty darn good vehicle. The orange wheels it came with were bad in the original kits too. They would crack around the bearing or the rear hub. The telescoping drive shafts were awesome!

I get a tear in my eye thinking about it! :crying:

I do love the old original gold panned RC-10. I had a couple of those as well!

My shocks have been filled with the original 20wt that came with the kit and have never leaked a drop, they were a female dog to build if I remember correctly. (Something to do with the cartridges)
I still have the orange wheels in perfect shape with the original "Losi Natural Rubber" pin-spike rears and front ribs that are in very good condition!!! I have a set of 4 pink wheels too. The only thing that's shot is the body, it cracked at the front shock tower years ago... :( Hell I still have the rear wing!

my 1st car was a tyco blaster i totaled and got a tyco heads up buggy trashed that too then 2 years later i got my 1st hobbycar a tamyia super blackfoot with a futaba attack 3 remote...........

They did indeed make a Ninja, think it came after the Samurai. Speaking of which I nipped in the loft and shot a pic of mine. :D

Attachments

• samurai.jpg
    samurai.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 22
I remember the Big Bear! lol

There was a review in an rc car mag, over here in the states, about 6 months ago of your Maury..

Cool looking car... Hang on to it!

Trip..

They did indeed make a Ninja, think it came after the Samurai. Speaking of which I nipped in the loft and shot a pic of mine. :D

Awesome. 80's rc's are great. Definitely hang onto it. I wished I had kept my Tamiya Egress, it was a lot of carbon fiber and I had a pearl purple paint job on it with flames. Never got it dirty and ended up selling it because it was too "pretty" to run.

The Big Bear, that was actually fairly popular and I think it was one of RC's first monster trucks.

Trip..

I have a new camera now... So here is what the Jrx-2 actually looks like... LOL

Last edited:
I have a new camera now... So here is what the Jrx-2 actually looks like... LOL

Awesome, looks exactly as I remember it! The front tires are the stock ones. I remember them lasting forever. They made some really great tires.

Yup Yup, I have original Pins for the rears too... You can see the center of the rear tires are a little bald, That is from that old hand wound, it swelled the tires up and rubbed on the body..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks