Your FIRST R/C?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Renagade jeep from Tandy! It was meant to be 'one of the first' to have DP steering.It took about a million batteries and was poop compared with todays cars but at the time it was the in car.
J.

Seeing the Samurai brings back memories... can't believe it's in such good shape!! lol. I've been in this place for 17 yrs and have never gone into the attic, and there's an opening in the garage here too in the roof.... not sure I am brave enough to go see what's up there, though it might be a good place to put some stuff... hmmm

I wish I still had a few from back in those days. I still remember my Dynamic 5th scale. My first gasser anyway. single shock up front.

Though I'd pop up a couple of other shots I had taken at the same time.

Tamiya Roughrider
PB Mini Mustang
Kyosho i.c Ultima
Tamiya Frog
AYK Sidewinder

Some of these have seen better days, but when you're a kid you don't think much about chopping a car up to use the parts on something else :D

Attachments

• frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 11
  • mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 11
  • sidewinder.jpg
    sidewinder.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 11
  • roughrider.jpg
    roughrider.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 12
  • ultima.jpg
    ultima.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 12
Oh and also a couple of bubble wrapped ones, to keep them nice :)

Kyosho RS200 (with custom alloy wheels)
Tamiya Blazing Blazer

Attachments

• blazer.jpg
    blazer.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 7
  • rs200.jpg
    rs200.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6
Poor things have to live there lift in bubble wrap. Haven't you seen the movie Toy Story? I wonder how they tape themselves back in there when you get home?:clown:

Poor things have to live there lift in bubble wrap. Haven't you seen the movie Toy Story? I wonder how they tape themselves back in there when you get home?:clown:

LOL, love it! :)

I remember the PB Mini Mustang ads in the RC Car Action mags. I wanted one, but I don't think anyone in the states sold them. AYK, forgot about them, didn't Race Prep buy them or was it the other way around? I had a Race Prep Pro Radiant, but had a ton of trouble with the chain drive and gave up on it after about a month. Friend of mine bought it and never had a problem with it.

Ducky, you have one heck of a collection! I'm horribly jealous. :cool2:

After looking at all these old pictures, I am seriously thinking about unwrapping the old Tamiya Bruiser, it's still wrapped in the shipping box from my grandparents from 1984. I've never seen what's in it! It's just a cardboard box that I got when I was 8 that my dad said I could never open!!! LOL, for all I know it could be a box with a dead cat in it!!!! With my luck, it's just a box of rocks...

Trip..

Yeah sadly the collection isn't in the best of condition, never think of looking after stuff when you're a small. I have a Tamiya Bruiser too which is in my spare room...was going to make it a shelf queen but never had the time. :) I think in total between my brother and I we went through about 32 cars in our teens.

Trip...you gotta open that box...a NIB Bruiser goes for crazy money! :D

After looking at all these old pictures, I am seriously thinking about unwrapping the old Tamiya Bruiser, it's still wrapped in the shipping box from my grandparents from 1984. I've never seen what's in it! It's just a cardboard box that I got when I was 8 that my dad said I could never open!!! LOL, for all I know it could be a box with a dead cat in it!!!! With my luck, it's just a box of rocks...

Trip..

Or maybe that was where they hid all there money?:laugh:

I could kick myself in the head, I had a Tamiya Bruiser for about a week in the 80's. I brought it back due to the tranny gears would not shift and I think they got stripped. Kick,kick,kick... My son (and I) would love that right now... Kick, kick,kick...

First rc was a tamiya monster beetle in the early eighties
then a mardave marauder, not mine in the photo
beforesheelopengl5.jpg

beforesidedw8.jpg

and then a chain drive kyosho landjump 4x4 with OS motor

Trip..

Trip,do you want to sell your Bruiser!Name your price!
James.

I recall having the Royal Ripper, and the nichimo spiritt FF(front wheel drive)

this is the royal ripper from the early 80's
getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img37_21112002205455_1_350.jpg

and this is the spirrit FF

getuserimage.asp?t=&id=img192_28102002160009_1.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks