Your FIRST R/C?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first RC was a Tamiya 306 Maxi, followed by a Blackfoot (did a 'McGyver on that and built it on a mine exploration camp using one screwdriver and a pair of scissors!! - worked great).
Here's what my 3rd RC thought of the Peugeot !! :clown::no::helpsmilie::no::clown:

I've still got the Peugeot spoiler, for some reason!! :clown:

Last edited:
my first was a tamiya dtm touring car alfa 155 when i was cutting the shell i was using a nice sharp craft knife and slipped cutting a good chunk off me thumb, nice

Mine was the Tamiya Wild One. Got it for my 11th birthday !! Totally loved it. Though it did break quite easy , and my driving back then wasnt the best! (Same as now!!!:clown:)
Funny , cos ive been thru all the scales , with electric and Nitro , and my current pride and joy , my Baja , bares a little resemblance to the old Wild One !!! The classic Baja Buggy design ! Love It !!!

WildOne.jpg

That looks cool Pete :cool2: Id forgotten how good they looked and the style hasnt dated either. Did they re-release it do you know?

My first REAl rc was a 2.5 tmaxx as well. That thing was a booger to tune,i knew nothing of them and when i did get it tuned it would scream! When it didnt run good i wanted to kick it across the yard :p

That looks cool Pete :cool2: Id forgotten how good they looked and the style hasnt dated either. Did they re-release it do you know?

Sadly not mate. (I don't think so anyway). There have been quite a few re-releases of the classics like the HotShot , Boomerang etc but no Wild One.
I still love the look of it. Would love to get hold of one again!
Last time I saw one, I was in E.A models in chester buying Nitro feul :)no:) and a guy came in with one looking for spares for it !!!!!

My first R/C came from Radio Shack :eek:

It was a little gold Porsche 928 with a bunch of stickers....

1 button click type radio that made it turn in revers when you hit the button :no:

Th front wheels didn't even turn, it had a thin rubber wheel in the center between the front wheels lol

My first Hobby grade R/C was a Tamiya Grasshopper :cool:

What's funny is that it was also the first Hobby grade R/C for all 3 of my boys :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks