Zee's V.I.P Build 😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell would you waste trans fluid like that? I have 279k on the original trans in my expedition and it's just coming up on needing the trans service for the third time. Every other oil change is excessive to say the least, and had no bearing on transmission longevity. Matter of fact I've only ever had one vehicle go through transmissions and that was years ago, because I abused the piss out of it. Heat is basically the only thing that kills transmissions, unless something catastrophic goes, it's normal wear and tear and changing fluid in a closed loop filtered system doesn't do anything to stop that. By that same logic you should be changing every fluid in your vehicle on your every other oil change schedule. It's just a waste.

Cuz they had a welder and didn't feel like using a clamp. Normally from the cat back, or down pipe back I weld everything I can on the exhaust. Last time I did exhaust (think it was on the truck) I left the tail pipe clamped and welded everything else, save the cat (flange mount) looks cleaner and is stronger then a clamped system.
thing is, it aint a clamp system. from the headers to the cat its a big ass flange, and from the cats to the y pipe (which is what he welded) was also a big ass flange. im not sure the need to get rid of the flange. plus when you do that on this car you would have to drop the entire exhaust just to change the cats and or y pipe (if you didn't want to cut it).

thing is, it aint a clamp system. from the headers to the cat its a big ass flange, and from the cats to the y pipe (which is what he welded) was also a big ass flange. im not sure the need to get rid of the flange. plus when you do that on this car you would have to drop the entire exhaust just to change the cats and or y pipe (if you didn't want to cut it).
Let the flanges there then. Just saying it's pretty common to have a full welded exhaust and just keep the y pipe and cat detachable. I wouldn't weld flanges together, that's just stupid.

Why the hell would you waste trans fluid like that? I have 279k on the original trans in my expedition and it's just coming up on needing the trans service for the third time. Every other oil change is excessive to say the least, and had no bearing on transmission longevity. Matter of fact I've only ever had one vehicle go through transmissions and that was years ago, because I abused the piss out of it. Heat is basically the only thing that kills transmissions, unless something catastrophic goes, it's normal wear and tear and changing fluid in a closed loop filtered system doesn't do anything to stop that. By that same logic you should be changing every fluid in your vehicle on your every other oil change schedule. It's just a waste.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this. Same trans that's in my Pilot was used in the TL type S I had. That car went through 3 transmissions before 119k. It's not uncommon for them to let go early and if you check the Honda forums they don't last much more than 150k. Mine has 271k. I think there's something to say there. The fluid has been changed every 10-15k since it had 60,000 miles on it. For the $40 it costs me each time I don't think it's a waste.

I'm not far off from changing them all either lol. I've done power steering flush and brake flush twice in the 6yrs I've owned it. I'm also the guy that will change a starter or alternator before they break, planning on replacing both this winter with Honda parts. I drive on the beach a lot down here and don't even want to chance getting suck the 6miles down I drive.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this. Same trans that's in my Pilot was used in the TL type S I had. That car went through 3 transmissions before 119k. It's not uncommon for them to let go early and if you check the Honda forums they don't last much more than 150k. Mine has 271k. I think there's something to say there. The fluid has been changed every 10-15k since it had 60,000 miles on it. For the $40 it costs me each time I don't think it's a waste.

I'm not far off from changing them all either lol. I've done power steering flush and brake flush twice in the 6yrs I've owned it. I'm also the guy that will change a starter or alternator before they break, planning on replacing both this winter with Honda parts. I drive on the beach a lot down here and don't even want to chance getting suck the 6miles down I drive.
No offense, but you talking to the king of high milage vehicles here, I haven't owned anything under 200k most my life and have been a mechanic all my adult life. You can change any fluid as much as you want, but till you have imperial data, view fluid analysis your wasting tour time and money. I've literally sent thousands of oil, coolant, and fuel samples out and can tell you for a fact hydraulic and transmission fluids nearly always come back as fluid is usable. Your border line paranoid with how you maintain your vehicles. Good lord man, my 97 crv has had one transmission oil change in its life and its pushing 300k on it. It still has the original starter and alternator. You just pissing money away for no reason.

Wheres Biden? :ROFLMAO:
Joe Biden GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks