Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gunna blame the axle pins on me running them dry (no grease or boots). The spur idk why it's feked. For now I will just get another and run it while I save for a metal one. I know I'm transferring the weak point else where tho. Guess off to ddm I go ???
The metal doesn't give ,so any jamming will transfer the damage to the tranny!

Also ,when you install a more powerful engine ,maybe need to fabricate some kind of engine brace to keep
it from walking around on the chassy ,causing the gears from jamming!
Actually you may be on to summin, the stock chassis is flimsy as poop. Might make a brace. Idk if that's the problem tho, I'll check it out. Could've been flexing when I hit the few rolls,cartwheels, or small jumps idk.

I'm gunna blame the axle pins on me running them dry (no grease or boots). The spur idk why it's feked. For now I will just get another and run it while I save for a metal one. I know I'm transferring the weak point else where tho. Guess off to ddm I go ???

Actually you may be on to summin, the stock chassis is flimsy as poop. Might make a brace. Idk if that's the problem tho, I'll check it out. Could've been flexing when I hit the few rolls,cartwheels, or small jumps idk.
and yes cartwheels will kill spurs☹?☹
i run mine with no boots

Flm?? thats how I got 6m. Id bet you're gonna go threw lots of pins with the big motor. Best get upgraded.?
I have got flm cups, but not the shafts, I have zoni shafts, and it's not the shafts fault. I'm going to try the new flm 4mm pins with greese and boots and if it still feking breaking I'm going with 5mm pins and everything

That pile of clippings you where racing through ? I'd steer clear of that even with full outerwears ??
Yeah think it sucked all that poop thru the pullstart . Not running there anymore as I've found the new spot (in my latest vid) that has way less loose grass n poop. Gunna do a mesh on my PS too ?

It's not coming thru the case actually, just the pullstart. So I'm gunna mesh-mod that ?
K just ordered hostile axles boots, new pins , hostile spur, an ddm 20% stiffer rear shock springs ?

If you have any friends with piercings, see if they have a pair of these lying about: ringpliers.jpg

They're ring pliers and are hands down the best tool for putting those Hostile boots on.

I'm running the DDMs with 40wt on my rears. I had to go with the stock top springs and reduce the pre-load to almost nothing. The ass end just bounced around like a cat on meth with both springs. I might try a bit heavier oil to offset it it some point. ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks