Z's HPI Baja PT:2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't of said it any better. Necessary tools are just as important as parts. I mean we have told him over and over and over what to do. Why I don't even comment anymore with help. Everything is either perfectly fine or he fixed it so it cant be the issue

I am what I eat ??

Go to harbor freight and buy a fiddlesticking caliper you cheap ass. Good god, you cant check poop if you cant measure poop. And btw were in America we measure in inches and thousandths. Now take your pinion gear off and start measuring to see if the gear is out of round or not. Christ set this pinion against the stock one to check. And see if any teeth stick out farther. Did you put the clutch bell on a straight edge? Use your garbage old calipers for that, or a ruler. Start speaking stuff out or throw it in the trash and get a new set up. don't ask for help then say I cant because my other poop is broken when you just went through 5 spur gears, 2 of which would have covered the cost of a cheap dial caliper. And don't throw a little female dog fit that I scolded you. I'm sick to death of hearing the same regurgitated my poop is broke and I don't know why. Time to find out or stock up on spur gears.

Take a look . Here's the spur and pinion back in,
Here's in one position, and when I roll it over to a different spot look how tight it gets. I'm thinking about doing what Mr.C said, go with a stock clutch bell and pinion and see how the mesh it.
View attachment 63873
View attachment 63874
Btw layshaft ain't bent. Check it, and spur gear runs true.
My money is on the spur gear carrier being slightly off. Z ,I could send you my Hostile spur gear and carrier and and the pinion and see if it's any better.

And I also know that both are ok. My Badger didn't chew it up with the 34 in it .

Last edited:
My money is on the spur gear carrier being slightly off. Z ,I could send you my Hostile spur gear and carrier and and the pinion and see if it's any better.
If it was the Gear carrier the gear mesh would always be tight or loose . Its not. It goes from tight in one spot , to loose on the other side. Like a bent layshaft or a bent clutch bell. I have put a straight edge on the cb, and it is indeed bent . I am going to buy new calipers soon.
A ps for everyone else, ????

If it was the Gear carrier the gear mesh would always be tight or loose . Its not. It goes from tight in one spot , to loose on the other side. Like a bent layshaft or a bent clutch bell. I have put a straight edge on the cb, and it is indeed bent . I am going to buy new calipers soon.

Well Z hopefully you've finally found your issue, a tight mesh would cause heat then loose mesh would try ripping the teeth off the now hot spur.
Can get a stock clutch bell for about £10 here so pocket money for you.
Keep us updated with how you get on.

Well Z hopefully you've finally found your issue, a tight mesh would cause heat then loose mesh would try ripping the teeth off the now hot spur.
Can get a stock clutch bell for about £10 here so pocket money for you.
Keep us updated with how you get on.
Yeah they are cheap, $15 here ?. I'm going to hold off buying one for now, As I'm waiting for a response from vertigo, to see if maybe they will warranty it , doubt it but I thought it's worth a go considering it has less that 4 gallons on it.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot you know it all . Sorry I tried to help. I'll make sure not to make that mistake again.

So ddm and vertigo got back to me. They said that they won't replace it because it's too old (bought it 11 months ago so I totally understand that) and that likely won't even be covered by warranty. Also that clutch bell is only sold at ddm and made to order (whenever ddm orderes more). They have a 50% off program, but, it's a ddm specific item so they can't. Unless he has one lying around (vertigo doesn't stock em, again, ddm specific) but he said he will check around to see if maybe they have one lying around. And that shimmy on pinion isn't thaaat bad. He also said that hostile spur gears can have off centered holes (where the layshaft goes thru) sometimes, and that I should try and drill out that hole so it centers better. So I thought what the hell and I gave it a go and I think then mesh has improved, I will have to get a proper spur instead of the half stripped one that I have, but it would be great if the spur gear was the problem and not the cb. A guy offered me a rovan steel spur (used , but not much use at all on it) on fb for 20 bucks, what do you think? Should I buy that? Wouldn't hurt so much if I burned up (from the cb) a cheap rovan instead of a $44 ddm one. Weather the CB is bad or not I'm still buying steel btwm

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks