5ive T, one piece at a time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Sean ??

Looks clean brother?
Thanks guys.

Few pics with the body on.
20201105_194305.jpg

20201105_194316.jpg

Wanna get some sort of trim to go around all the edges. I have to trim out the rear wheel wells, the tires hit the sides and top before it hit full compression. I have some stainless mesh I'm gonna use for the windshield. Need to sticker it up some too. Need to hid the whore hobby decal.
Yes sir. Finally finished. It didn't take you long either??
I had a good base pushing me to get done lol. Thanks everyone again. Wouldnt have happened with out help from everyone here!

Dam that body looks new lol! Seriously good work though, looks nice. Cant wait to see some videos
I peeled all the crappy horizon stickers off it lol. Cleaned it up very well imo. Its killing me waiting for this pipe to show up. I have off from Saturday through wednesday. So I'll definitely have time to run it. I'll do my best to get some video on my phone.

Shes like a squirrel with ADD. ?. I promise I'll try to get some sort of footage. Be prepared for it to be whale poop crappy.
Looks really good Sean and with your daughter next to it you can really tell how big these things really are.Your daughter is cute as a button good work on both haha.
Yeah didnt even put a dimple in her head before she popped out. Then again my wife pretty good looking as well so I'm sure that has something to do with it. ?

don't mesh the front window, its handy to get your hand in there to turn it on and off between runs plus you can refuel without taking the body off.
As for the tyres I have the same on my Baja and also for my buggy but they are KingMotor Pioneers, hold up well to absue and are my go to general purpose tyre, rear buggy tyres are 170mm x 80mm.
For the edge trim I would look at getting the stuff with the metal insert in it so you can use some pliers etc to nip it up tight onto the body, less chance of it falling off.

I'm gonna see how bad these run in the rear when I run it, if I think it's too bad I'll swap the tires out for the proper size. I had gotten these because they were closer to the right size on my dbxl.

I'm gonna see how bad these run in the rear when I run it, if I think it's too bad I'll swap the tires out for the proper size. I had gotten these because they were closer to the right size on my dbxl.
On my Buggy/Formula offroad they have plenty of grip and flex well in the corners, can be a little slick on long wet grass but are a predictable tyre, also will slide slightly instead of rolling the Baja.

Well shes done boys.
20201106_155921.jpg

Had her out for a rip around the house. My wife was supposed to be recording it. Need to get out to the park to stretch its legs out. Also have some shock tweaks to make. She really tips, put a half a tank through it. Only problem I encountered is the center diff looks to be leaking a bit. Have to pop it out then and see what's up. Had to give the stinger a bend as well, no matter how I had it mounted it was pointing right as the side mud guard. Stuck it in the bench vice and gave it a tweak. Good to go now. I will say this, the vrc is much louder then the dom on the dbxl. Brakes suck as well. I tightened them up a good bit, see if that helps. I'll see if I can get a video loaded up to ight or tomorrow.

Sweet Sean???? brakes should be good to go ? increase the travel on the servo ?? mine have always felt on point?? get it out to the park
Yeah I tightened them up a good bit, seems a bit better. I'm just using a s901t servo right now, not the most powerful out there. I'll eventually have to get something better. Think its 400 oz in at 7.2 volts. I got the servo travel about maxed out, its squeezing the rubber about as hard as it can, they are all shiny new so I'll give them a bit to wear in as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks