Bobby’s Baja Build (5 B’s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've heard that blackbone gears are pretty tight when new and they wear in. But don't listen to me as I never actually ran blackbone gears ?
Mmmmm nah?? but a bent gear plate will upset things ?‍♂️
Update: gear mesh plate was banana’d from the factory straightened it out and everything is spinning better. Still pretty heavy on the resistance though

.......this is why I was telling @Haric to use hpi part for customs

I have just been wrenching on my baja with the tr clutch v2 and the gear plate needs a bit tap/push to get under the top plate ?bit of a tight fit but dose go??
I grinded down the top plate A bit earlier today
Btw 20/54 gearing with the esp 34 is no good don’t even try it

Last edited:
Here is a video showing how tight the gears are. It seems that 50% of tightness is coming from inside the diff case and the other 50% is coming from the gear mesh. neither one seems to be a problem on its own but together it doesn't seem to work too well. turtle racing diff case, black bone gears, hostile 54t spur, turtle racing 20t pinion and turtle racing HD v2 clutch system
This is a video I shot after the build to test everything out. It stopped running at the end because a piece of plastic melted and fused the spur to the gear mesh plate?‍♂️. it's really over-geared because I'm waiting for the obr reed 32, but overall I'm happy with everything. The fuel cap is leaking like a female dog and I probably have to stiffen up the rear spring a bit but I think reds will be too stiff.

Last edited:
Here is a video showing how tight the gears are. It seems that 50% of tightness is coming from inside the diff case and the other 50% is coming from the gear mesh. neither one seems to be a problem on its own but together it doesn't seem to work too well. turtle racing diff case, black bone gears, hostile 54t spur, turtle racing 20t pinion and turtle racing HD v2 clutch system
This is a video I shot after the build to test everything out. It stopped running at the end because I piece of plastic fused the spur to the gear mesh plate?‍♂️. it's really over-geared because I'm waiting for the obr reed 32, but overall I'm happy with everything. The fuel cap is leaking like a female dog and I probably have to stiffen up the rear spring a bit but I think reds will be too stiff.
[

That was fekin awesome ,it moves pretty good ,love that you kept the Baja clean with out those goddy window panels
which restricts the air flow!,,,,(y)

I guess those hard flips upset the gears!...:unsure:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks