Boy did I pick the WRONG time to seek nitro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damb May really be time to ditch the nitros going to have to make a decision. Just got a new igniter ran my novarossi Roma today snapped the Conrod damb near had to look all over internet for a replacement. Had to get one directly from novarossi USA.
I was thinking the same thing until I ran my twin today, nothing compares to nitro bro

I know, looks like novarossi is dead But the last thing I want is a engine I can’t rebuild end up being a giant paper weight. I still have 3 nitro that I love would be hard to let go of
Unfortunately this is the norm with all the Taiwan based engines. Why spend $125 on a piston / sleeve kit, and another $30 on crank bearings when you can buy a complete new engine for $190 ? For the typical young RC enthusiast nitro simply offers too many headaches. Brushless is just brainless plug in / charge / go fast. One needs to "learn" nitro and it's a deep learning curve, and you need patients and mechanical knowledge. I wanted to buy a Rossi .28 back in March and they were NOWHERE to be found, and Rossi has NO plans to mfg and ship to the USA in the future. I ended up buying a RCR modded LRP .32 and even this current engine I can't find a Rotostart kit. They did make them but they are now discontinued. Plan "B" is to CNC machine my own Rotostart housing and backplate out of aluminum.

Screenshot (10).png

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is the norm with all the Taiwan based engines. Why spend $125 on a piston / sleeve kit, and another $30 on crank bearings when you can buy a complete new engine for $190 ? For the typical young RC enthusiast nitro simply offers too many headaches. Brushless is just brainless plug in / charge / go fast. One needs to "learn" nitro and it's a deep learning curve, and you need patients and mechanical knowledge. I wanted to buy a Rossi .28 back in March and they were NOWHERE to be found, and Rossi has NO plans to mfg and ship to the USA in the future. I ended up buying a RCR modded LRP .32 and even this current engine I can't find a Rotostart kit. They did make them but they are now discontinued. Plan "B" is to CNC machine my own Rotostart housing and backplate out of aluminum.

View attachment 75254
That’s what I like about the Italian motors there always worth rebuilding plus you get a lot more gallons out of them. Sucks about the rotor start but the one you build will probably last longer than the one they sell you

View attachment 75254
plenty of roto starts out there, there are 2 standard sizes, small and large, get a large and ur set (y)

plenty of roto starts out there, there are 2 standard sizes, small and large, get a large and ur set (y)
Nope. I bought a complete large / small rotostart kit off amazon . The "large" unit does not have the same mouting bolt circle as the LRP .32

Yea, i'd say you got an issue..... Those shoes do not look like they are sitting correctly against the flywheel nut.

Actually edit- the drive is 31 and idler 30.
Basically it has to equal 61.I think I found a solution I can use the savage x gears I think it’s 32/29. They used the light weight gears on the xl so they aren’t the best for big tourqe which is what I was geared for. Def wanna stick to original if I can tho.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks