Burned by Rovan RC KingMotorRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crankestein

Made a purchase of around $180 with Rovan, and one of the items had the wrong description that he now has corrected after I brought it up to his attention.
I reach out to Rovan and he said to send it back which I did, and a store credit for me to use, just let him know, as he says on the emails.
So, I have been a little out of the hobby, work, got a rental which I had to do an eviction, family responsibilities, etc. So here we are in October, and trusting Rovanrc, and to let him know about the store credit, and its basically a currency partial refund as I sent the item new, and I paid for shipping.

What did I do wrong?

I trusted this guy, he said just send it back and its all cool, no worries. (WRONG)
I decided not to open a claim as many times it just pisses them off, when, as they many times say, all I had to do is let them know.

What else I did wrong?
I accepted store credit, when it should have been partial refund back to PP.

And the last thing? to let so much time pass by, but as he said, let me know when you want to use it, not even a year.

Now I am a bad customer, he says he does not want to do any more business with me, I am a pain to deal with???? What?

store credit.JPG
Rovan states in email there is a $70 store credit.

rovan, more bull shit talk_.JPG
Rovan receives the mislabeled servo in brand new condition, nothing missing. I paid for shipping.

rovan accepting wrong website information.JPG
Servo was mislabeled, and after that he fixed the description.

excuse.JPG
Rovan does not respond and states let Paypal decide.

PP resolution.JPG

The refund should be $70, not $63, but anyway. I follow the seller suggestion of sending the servo back without opening a claim, and let 180 days pass by, and now am out of servo, and out of $70, and shipping refund.
There you go my friends, this is what trusts gets you, so much for Rovanrc, just got robbed $70. And for the record Rovanrc is the same as Primalrc and Kingmotorrc.

Attachments

• rovan, more bull poop talk.JPG
    rovan, more bull poop talk.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This whole situation seems odd to me. I've had excellent customer service dealings from RovanRC. I'm confused about your comment "Now I am a bad customer, he says he does not want to do any more business with me, I am a pain to deal with???? What? " Where in Rovan's email does he state this ? I'm confused again, seems to me like you did in fact have a $70 in-store credit then all of a sudden you did not have the $70 credit ? Was there a written explanation from RovanRC as to why this happened ?

"I don't think it is worth us doing business with you" - 4th email in the thread starter.

*there is nothing to be confused, unless thats what you are after with your reply.

No explanation besides not been a man of his word and a total douche.
What is there to explain? ignoring me 100%
The item was returned unused new condition, I paid for shipping, seller honors a credit, and now ignores me completely.

Am dead in the water as claims need to be within 180 days and got closed immediately. Lesson learned guys, this would have never ever happened with Motionrc, Towerhobbies, Hobbyking, a store credit is a store credit.

Last edited:
So just curious. I see the email where he said he wouldn't do business with you, but I don't see where you tried to redeem the $70 credit. Was there something you were trying to order and they refused the credit, or did you decide you'd rather have a refund instead?

Maybe you haven't included the most recent exchange.

I just asked for it, and he never responded. I went to Ebay found his store, and sent him a few messages about the store credit, he replied only once as soon as the Paypal claim was submitted, which was about four days later, and he knew I was wasting my time as it is past 180 days. It was a desparate move to see if I could make him reconsider and honor the money.

This was not buyer's remorse, or that I ordered the wrong item, the item had the wrong description on models to fit, it was a servo w incorrect item specs which he realized and acknowledge.
I sent the item back w my own money, he accepted receipt and all good, and I took good faith in this low life trash seller words.

Last edited:
"It was for a store credit. Not money back. You opened a case before i could even respond with pay pal and pay pal found in our favor. I am not trying to be difficult with you. I would have honored the $70 store credit. Thanks." - Rovanrc

This is his last response. He deter me from using Paypal back then, that all was cool, no worries, just send the item back, I paid for shipping.
He knows there is a store credit, which anyway it was not because I change my mind, I order the wrong item etc. This was because he had the item wrongly listed. Now just because I opened a claim, he now says Paypal decide in our favor, no it is because I am past 180 days. Now he uses Paypal to his defense and not accept responsibility of giving me the money or honor the credit, or any type of future business with them, just because am asking for whats rightfully mine and we both made an agreement, am at fault and should not be entitled to the credit... point blank stealing.

This guy Rovanrc, has no moral values, and is a thief. As if its not humiliating enough, he gives thanks, what a gentleman!

Last edited:
UberRC tried something similar with me but PayPal decided I was in the right but it wasn't only within 180 days, it was within 30 so my standard UK/EU consumer rights came into effect. I got the full amount back. It's worth looking at what your rights are in your country as those will supercede any PayPal process.

We rarely post on here but will respond to this thread. We are Rovan RC and King Motor RC. There are 2 sides to every story. This customer agreed to a store credit which is for use on in store purchases. It is not a refund and you cannot even give a refund to someone after so much time has passed in Pay pal. Before I could even respond to his messages which came in over the weekend, he opened a Pay pal case. I saw he opened the case and responded "lets let Pay pal decide the case then". You are not seeing all the information. You are not seeing the $300 or so in free parts this customer got I sent to help him out when he had issues. You are not seeing the many derogatory and curse filled e mails he sent to us which I will not post on here out of respect for the community. And you do not see the multiple cases this customer opened on pay pal against us after trying to help him out. We tried to help this guy out with everything. He comes in after 10 months demanding a refund instead of a store credit. We reserve the right to decide to not sell to someone if they are being derogatory towards us. He has now gone out of his way to slander us on Facebook and in the forums here over a store credit that we would still honor. I do not want to sell anything else beyond using the store credit to this customer as this customer likes to use pay pal cases and foul language against us which is confirmed on this thread here calling us names. We spent a lot of time and effort trying to help this guy, responding to pay pal claims and be professional during the process. I wish this customer well in his future endeavors but I don't think I should sell to someone who is so confrontational. Thanks for the opportunity to address the issue. We try to help everyone as best we can.

I had a strong suspicion that there was purposly missing details. Now it seems more facts come to the forefront. While i take no clear sides on this sale, it seems to me that impatient anger caused unnecessary problems and no reasonable time for resolve was given the chance.

Dan;

Do you really wanna go that route and open the can of worms?

I will let you decide, and pls lets stay on course with this thread.

"A man is as good as his word"

We did not have a chance to respond... What do you mean?
Just respond, hey we got this, but not with, well, you opened a Paypal claim, bad boy, now FU for doing that.

So opening a Paypal claim wrong? Does that makes me a bad customer?

Your honest genuine response should have been;
"Hey buddy, I see you sent out an email a few days ago, and now opened a claim through Paypal. So you know, yes you do have a credit with us, and regardless of what the outcome is, rest assured your credit is in the system"

You, as many others sellers do, divert the buyer from submitting a claim, opening a case, which its normal procedure. But you seem to have a short fuse whenever a case is opened, or better yet, pretty sure you get tired of them due to the QC on many of your large scale clone trucks and bajas, which is expected.

Now you are bringing the dirty laundry, which basically was opening a Paypal claim/case, for damaged items of a Kingmotors X2 YEARS ago.
I was going to send you the truck back as authorized by Paypal, and you persuaded me not to, and ended giving me a partial refund. The money refunded was used to replace all three differentials with Losi brand, as the alloy quality from Kingmotors are cheap and suffers from premature failure (they don't stand the beating of the 30.5cc engine), followed by a bad receiver battery, broken teeth in pinion gear, premature wear of the spur gear and burned up throttle servo (the blue ones). Now that I remember, the cheap plastic intake manifold, while break-in the engine, it cracked, sucked dust and seized the engine. The cheap aluminum air filter, that always would come loose, filters would come off and let dust in, which you don't carry it anymore.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/king-motors-x2-rtr-30-5cc.21239/ - a 2015 thread Dan is talking about, still holding a grudge.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/king-motor-baja-30-5cc-ksrc-001-rtr.21591/ - in 2016 he took my money when I purchased a KingMotor baja, for that am a good customer. The baja had its issues, there is no complaints against the company nor any PP disputes etc, I still have the baja and runs strong, with lots of DDM parts.

I don't see whats the problem, we talked it over well, you gave partial refund, sent parts, and so on.

Lets not forget the new engine I bought from you and had scarred piston and piston sleeve. I did sent that one back, no issues, using Paypal and you once again acknowledge the damages to it.

I have moved on Rovan, since then, I bought a clone baja, and on my first day out, w a killer Bee kill switch installed etc, the throttle got stuck at WOT, break-in the engine, and did not give a chance to hit the kill switch when it hit a curb, broke the two front wheels, the wing, and a glitch defective throttle servo.

DID I OPEN A CLAIM ON THAT ONE?
DID I ASKED YOU FOR ANY PARTIAL REFUND?
DID I OPEN A NASTY THREAD ABOUT ROVAN BAJAs?
no, no and no

Did you forget the muffler that did not fit on the baja, and was about 3mm off from the exhaust outlet?

In the contrary, if you would spend more time on this threads you should know that I have been referred as the guru of clone trucks, as I know the in and outs of them and I ALWAYS recommend your store, besides the QC shortcomings.

On both large scales, baja and the X2 (5T clone) I have dumped tons of money replacing parts bought from DDM.

A few months passed and I bought you four tires and wheels combo with the servo, a $182 purchase. You sure did not hesitate to accept my money when I bought the baja, the two front wheels, and many other parts, and the recent purchase in March, for that I am not a bad customer, and this is all after my horrendous actions of what others need to see.

Word of advice, stop convincing buyers from not using Paypal to file a claim.
Get it straight that opening a claim does not make the buyer a bad customer.
If an item is returned because it is YOUR MISTAKE, then provide the buyer a refund.

And if you give your word that I have a credit, and should be a partial refund because it was a item with wrong "will fit the following" specs, all you have to do is give it back or honor the credit. Since when is store credit? Stop the excuses, and do the right thing, be a man of your word.

And to those who may question my mechanical abilities. I have been in this hobby way before Rovan was on the map, I had on my hands the first copy of RCCA, and my first car was a RC10 gold pan. At the local hobby shop, customers would call me, back then when Tamiya rc cars had to be assembled. As a kid, I made a lot of money putting together rc cars during Christmas times. As side income, I had worked on real cars, changing clutches, axles, head gaskets, and learned from reading auto books, YouTube did not exist back then. I now have a few ARRMA trucks, fly 6S EDF jets from MotionRC and E-Flite, have a katana 160 with a 20cc engine, a few glow .61 and a few four stroke from .52 to .120.
And continuing, money has been burned with Hobbyking, Banggood, Amazon (of course), Ebay, Horizon Hobby, Amainhobbies, Value Hobby, Aliexpress, Tower, how can I miss TH, and the only company I have had so many issues when filing a claim is you Rovan.

I want to continue doing business with you, as I have done so far. The one who is missing out on how to do business is you. This is just business, and every transaction to you is personal, and after so many years, and money handed to feed you, you still carry a chip on your shoulder. Buddy, you got work to do.

After all this chit chat, still difficult for you to spit it out and say, we have your refund, just like you said in March.

This is no credit card cash back, or Costco rewards that expire, and now TEN MONTHS later I want my money... SO? All you have to do, yes, here it is and done!

Can you pls post the derogatory comments from this transaction, or from the engine, and baja, which were AFTER the X2 purchase?
Don't be mixing up stuff, I opened the claim with PP, and you were desperate behind emails, convincing me not to send it back, and offering me stuff. Like I said, I have moved on, the one who is still hurt from back then is you Dan.

Last edited:
Dan;

Do you really wanna go that route and open the can of worms?

I will let you decide, and pls lets stay on course with this thread.

"A man is as good as his word"

We did not have a chance to respond... What do you mean?
Just respond, hey we got this, but not with, well, you opened a Paypal claim, bad boy, now FU for doing that.

So opening a Paypal claim wrong? Does that makes me a bad customer?

Your honest genuine response should have been;
"Hey buddy, I see you sent out an email a few days ago, and now opened a claim through Paypal. So you know, yes you do have a credit with us, and regardless of what the outcome is, rest assured your credit is in the system"

You, as many others sellers do, divert the buyer from submitting a claim, opening a case, which its normal procedure. But you seem to have a short fuse whenever a case is opened, or better yet, pretty sure you get tired of them due to the QC on many of your large scale clone trucks and bajas, which is expected.

Now you are bringing the dirty laundry, which basically was opening a Paypal claim/case, for damaged items of a Kingmotors X2 YEARS ago.
I was going to send you the truck back as authorized by Paypal, and you persuaded me not to, and ended giving me a partial refund. The money refunded was used to replace all three differentials with Losi brand, as the alloy quality from Kingmotors are cheap and suffers from premature failure (they don't stand the beating of the 30.5cc engine), followed by a bad receiver battery, broken teeth in pinion gear, premature wear of the spur gear and burned up throttle servo (the blue ones). Now that I remember, the cheap plastic intake manifold, while break-in the engine, it cracked, sucked dust and seized the engine. The cheap aluminum air filter, that always would come loose, filters would come off and let dust in, which you don't carry it anymore.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/king-motors-x2-rtr-30-5cc.21239/ - a 2015 thread Dan is talking about, still holding a grudge.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/king-motor-baja-30-5cc-ksrc-001-rtr.21591/ - in 2016 he took my money when I purchased a KingMotor baja, for that am a good customer. The baja had its issues, there is no complaints against the company nor any PP disputes etc, I still have the baja and runs strong, with lots of DDM parts.

I don't see whats the problem, we talked it over well, you gave partial refund, sent parts, and so on.

Lets not forget the new engine I bought from you and had scarred piston and piston sleeve. I did sent that one back, no issues, using Paypal and you once again acknowledge the damages to it.

I have moved on Rovan, since then, I bought a clone baja, and on my first day out, w a killer Bee kill switch installed etc, the throttle got stuck at WOT, break-in the engine, and did not give a chance to hit the kill switch when it hit a curb, broke the two front wheels, the wing, and a glitch defective throttle servo.

DID I OPEN A CLAIM ON THAT ONE?
DID I ASKED YOU FOR ANY PARTIAL REFUND?
DID I OPEN A NASTY THREAD ABOUT ROVAN BAJAs?
no, no and no

Did you forget the muffler that did not fit on the baja, and was about 3mm off from the exhaust outlet?

In the contrary, if you would spend more time on this threads you should know that I have been referred as the guru of clone trucks, as I know the in and outs of them and I ALWAYS recommend your store, besides the QC shortcomings.

On both large scales, baja and the X2 (5T clone) I have dumped tons of money replacing parts bought from DDM.

A few months passed and I bought you four tires and wheels combo with the servo, a $182 purchase. You sure did not hesitate to accept my money when I bought the baja, the two front wheels, and many other parts, and the recent purchase in March, for that I am not a bad customer, and this is all after my horrendous actions of what others need to see.

Word of advice, stop convincing buyers from not using Paypal to file a claim.
Get it straight that opening a claim does not make the buyer a bad customer.
If an item is returned because it is YOUR MISTAKE, then provide the buyer a refund.

And if you give your word that I have a credit, and should be a partial refund because it was a item with wrong "will fit the following" specs, all you have to do is give it back or honor the credit. Since when is store credit? Stop the excuses, and do the right thing, be a man of your word.

And to those who may question my mechanical abilities. I have been in this hobby way before Rovan was on the map, I had on my hands the first copy of RCCA, and my first car was a RC10 gold pan. At the local hobby shop, customers would call me, back then when Tamiya rc cars had to be assembled. As a kid, I made a lot of money putting together rc cars during Christmas times. As side income, I had worked on real cars, changing clutches, axles, head gaskets, and learned from reading auto books, YouTube did not exist back then. I now have a few ARRMA trucks, fly 6S EDF jets from MotionRC and E-Flite, have a katana 160 with a 20cc engine, a few glow .61 and a few four stroke from .52 to .120.
And continuing, money has been burned with Hobbyking, Banggood, Amazon (of course), Ebay, Horizon Hobby, Amainhobbies, Value Hobby, Aliexpress, Tower, how can I miss TH, and the only company I have had so many issues when filing a claim is you Rovan.

I want to continue doing business with you, as I have done so far. The one who is missing out on how to do business is you. This is just business, and every transaction to you is personal, and after so many years, and money handed to feed you, you still carry a chip on your shoulder. Buddy, you got work to do.

After all this chit chat, still difficult for you to spit it out and say, we have your refund, just like you said in March.

This is no credit card cash back, or Costco rewards that expire, and now TEN MONTHS later I want my money... SO? All you have to do, yes, here it is and done!

Can you pls post the derogatory comments from this transaction, or from the engine, and baja, which were AFTER the X2 purchase?
Don't be mixing up stuff, I opened the claim with PP, and you were desperate behind emails, convincing me not to send it back, and offering me stuff. Like I said, I have moved on, the one who is still hurt from back then is you Dan.
WOW not gonna read that???? holly fek feels like someone should pay me????

I've read both the threads, and this has become a complete "He said, He said" kind of situation. Having never done business with Rovan, I have no basis for comparison. And I haven't seen hide nor hair of crankestein on this forum since joining earlier this year, so I can't make any judgement there either.

I honestly have no horse in this race. I have nothing against either of you. However, neither of you are providing a complete picture of your discussions. If you two want to fight this out here and expect any of us to make a judgement one way or the other, you need to provide the complete picture, including the entire email/text chain. Unless that happens, this thread is a complete waste of forum space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks