Crucial Kraken Vekta.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK just in case anyone is interested in the T90 gear accessibility to service, swap out gearing, adjust/replace the slipper or grease the gears, I figured I'd make a little post on it. I was actually fearing having to do this to put taller gearing in mine. I thought I would have to pull the engine, exhaust, and complete T90, but I didn't.

You will have to remove the exhaust(if using a tuned pipe) to gain access to the tank mounting screws.

You will have to remove the tank(3 screws)and lines to the engine.

Remove the brake rod(loosen 1 set screw at brake cam).

Remove the 2 thru bolts for the front rear outdrive cup(attached to the front center driveshaft) and rear axle pinion where the rear telescopic driveshaft attaches to the rear axle. Then slide the rear telescopic shift forward and tape together so it doesn't fall off.

Remove 2 bolts on the top and 3 bolts on the bottom of the T90 rear cover.

Next pull the rear cover off to gain access to the gears.

Easy shmeezy and took 10min??Swap gears and reinstall. Waiting on the gears to come in now so I'll let you know what difference is once I get em installed. View attachment 58192View attachment 58193View attachment 58194View attachment 58195View attachment 58196

Going to need to remember this process as removing the T90 is a royal pain in the ass. I had to do this a few times (installing the washers etc) hoping I have no need to for a long while. Probably just jinxed myself. ;)

Got a quick bash in with the Vekta and XMaxx. Vekta was moving great until the steering, pull cord, and exhaust coupler went out about 10min in. This is the 2nd exhaust couple I've used and its an HPS 4ply hi heat. Does Detroit Performance have a special couple for these engines?? I was jinxed by you guys and the pullstart Gods got me? Xmaxx did great for 13min. Eword batts are the worst. Sure I could get a bigger mah but??
20200525_120927.jpg20200525_120904.jpg20200525_114712.jpg

What If you put hose clamps?
I don't like using the hose clamps cause they eat up the silicone. One thing o can tell you is she loved the 23/18 gearing. Cant wait till I finish editing the video. I put a order in at Detroit performance and they said they would throw 1 in for free??

Perhaps its a either or scenario, not both?
Yup thats probably it but was wondering if anyone else has seen that type before. Its weird how the black one has loose fibers in it tho. Maybe its supposed to go over the red to protect the cable tie from heat??

I got a few other parts also for the beast
20200528_161252.jpg20200528_161234.jpg20200528_155304.jpg

Yup thats probably it but was wondering if anyone else has seen that type before. Its weird how the black one has loose fibers in it tho. Maybe its supposed to go over the red to protect the cable tie from heat??
I got a weird coupler like that with my fg pipe? I used it between the two halves other the pipe? so over the smaller pipe then fitted it together ??‍♂️ didn't last very long?‍♂️???
Noice diff cover?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks