• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This when your own lathe would be handy ?
You neec to find an oltimer who has machines? like a small independent shop?
Yeah I'm trying to find that, the one in Texas was like that, the owner was a older guy, he had all kinds of cool stuff btw like old fire trucks and dump trucks ect, and the main machinist was the older guys son in law, he's the guy who did all my work, then there was a couple of apprentices I think, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why they did it at suck a good price ? all the machine shops I find are huge companies that don't normally deal with the little guy in between (like me) and deal with huge companies who do large orders at a time. So I need to find something like the one in Texas ???
This when your own lathe would be handy ?
IKR!!!!!!!! Would have been done the second I figured out my hole wasn't big enough. I think when I get my truck to a somewhat reliable state (technically I don't know if it's Gunna be unreliable, I hope not, but you know, it's a custom build an all) I'll be saving my money for a proper equipment set up ? I really really want a mini CNC, mini lathe, Dremel or something to cut with, and maybe a smaller tig welder, just with that stuff I could do literally anything my heart and train desires ?? especially now that I have a uge rc space, need to fill it somehow right ?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Question for u guys, I expect Sean to know since he's like the jack of all trades round here ??, I don't know what fuel to oil ratio to run, I was planning on running my e85 @ 28:1 and my purge fuel at 20:1, what do you think? Becuase Remember that e85 needs to be ran alot rich-er than normal gasoline so id think the purge fuel should be alot rich-er so it doesn't lean out on the e85 tune and so I can run the same time as e85 without needing to mess with it. I think that will work, but tell me what u think. Also I will be running the same oil in the purge fuel and the e85 so it doesn't gum up my carb.

Last edited:
Question for u guys, I expect Sean to know since he's like the jack of all trades round here ??, I don't know what fuel to oil ratio to run, I was planning on running my e85 @ 28:1 and my purge fuel at 20:1, what do you think? Becuase Remember that e85 needs to be ran alot rich-er than normal gasoline so id think the purge fuel should be alot rich-er so it doesn't lean out on the e85 tune and so I can run the same time as e85 without needing to mess with it. I think that will work, but tell me what u think. Also I will be running the same oil in the purge fuel and the e85 so it doesn't gum up my carb.

Keep in mind that it will depend how hard you run it. Wide open extended periods better run more oil. When we ran our engine on the dyno like we do in boats. Our normal ratio cooked the bottom end bearing. Even though cooler fuel with more of it (usually a 7:1 ration unlike gas wich is a 14:1 ratio of fuel . So roughly double the amount compared to gas), it is a clean fuel. We double the ratio and problems gone. Same thing with guys saying to run the low ratios. I did in my Losi when I first got it. Burned two engines up. If you are rtunning it hard and extended periods I would run more. I run 10 oz per gallon which is roughly 13:1 ratio. This is just a cation to put in back of mind. Being you are running a real big engine. You may not experiance any issues unlike us running me running a 30.cc engines. My constant rpm for oval is usually around 19,500 to 21,500 with only a slight blip on throttle to setup for corner.
Z.hb71
Should have made it more clear. Could get confusing. I run oil at 10oz per gallon on gas and run 20oz per gallon on alky. But I was also using straight alky. You have 85 percent so not really a true 100% like I was but not far off of it.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that it will depend how hard you run it. Wide open extended periods better run more oil. When we ran our engine on the dyno like we do in boats. Our normal ratio cooked the bottom end bearing. Even though cooler fuel with more of it (usually a 7:1 ration unlike gas wich is a 14:1 ratio of fuel . So roughly double the amount compared to gas), it is a clean fuel. We double the ratio and problems gone. Same thing with guys saying to run the low ratios. I did in my Losi when I first got it. Burned two engines up. If you are rtunning it hard and extended periods I would run more. I run 10 oz per gallon which is roughly 13:1 ratio. This is just a cation to put in back of mind. Being you are running a real big engine. You may not experiance any issues unlike us running me running a 30.cc engines. My constant rpm for oval is usually around 19,500 to 21,500 with only a slight blip on throttle to setup for corner.
Z.hb71
Should have made it more clear. Could get confusing. I run oil at 10oz per gallon on gas and run 20oz per gallon on alky. But I was also using straight alky. You have 85 percent so not really a true 100% like I was but not far off of it.
Ok so what do you suggest I run?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks