Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so there is gonna be a run delay?‍♂️ there is a leak between the reed and case? gonna see if I can fasten it with the cage in place? if I can ill take it out .......but if the cage needs to come off ill probably only get out next week ?
20210228_121659.jpg20210228_121711.jpg
I've had about 6 of those lol. Not sure I have a pic, I'll see if I have a pic somewhere.
Post a pic with it mounted in an sx5 cage will ya??

Not as long as it doesn't get fuel up in it.
Would almost thing something is putting pressure in the tank, but that's highly unlikely imo. Not without having some mega carb or heat issues. Vent may just be buggered up.

Last edited:
Right? why I'm i get a ton of positive pressure in the fuel tank?‍♂️ came back inside and pulled the breather off and fuel rushed out like a hose?‍♂️?‍♂️
doug, i have this right don't i ?
the carb you have is feed only, no return ?
so as sean said above , the only way ya can get positive pressure in the tank is with a rise in temp,
i see in yer pics that you have the yellow pipe as feed and i presume that has the clunk on ?
just with the black and yellow fuel pipes the black as stock usually has the clunk and yellow is return,
anyways, if ya have the yellow on the clunk as feed, then i take it yer using the black as vent,
i see in yer pics that it looks like ya have a screw in the end of the black tube, so i take it ya removed that and fitted a check valve vent,
plus yer ddm cap wont be vented,
so it has to be yer vents blocked and like sean said its too low in the tank resting in fuel, so when ya pull the vent its pissing fuel out,
bare with me matey :ROFLMAO:,
so if yer vents blocked and you only have a one way non return system, and it aint run yet to create heat above and behind the tank ,
then it has to be sunshine doug,
so when you take the car from yer garage into direct sun, then the the sun will heat the tank and if vents blocked ya get positive pressure (y),
hope ya can understand what i said here cos its feckin long winded even for me :ROFLMAO:,

the only way ya can get positive pressure in the tank is with a rise in temp,
i see in yer pics that you have the yellow pipe as feed and i presume that has the clunk on
Yip put the clunk on the yellow hose so I could see the fuel going to the carb?? thinking about the positive pressure......was in the garden round midday ? feking hot today and car was sat in the sun for half an hour= positive pressure. The tank has no valve and I put a breather on the black pipe???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks