Facebook groups make me laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah those port and polish then mod guys crack me up. I have the stock g320 out of my 2.0 that the previous owner messed up.
So i message john Perkins about a rebuild. WOW the amount of smoke he blew up my ass was intense. This is the only problem i could find with the motor i could buy a esp34 for what he wanted to do my 320

Attachments

• 20210103_164153.jpg
    20210103_164153.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 10
Yeah those port and polish then mod guys crack me up. I have the stock g320 out of my 2.0 that the previous owner messed up.
So i message john Perkins about a rebuild. WOW the amount of smoke he blew up my ass was intense. This is the only problem i could find with the motor i could buy a esp34 for what he wanted to do my 320
Simple beasts mate. Really not a lot going on in there. If the bearings and seals are good, new top end and your good to go again. (Provided you learned how to tune an engine in the mean time lol)

The Perkins port guy has a good cnc machinist company but they are overcharging him and he can't beat turtle racing prices. He obviously knows how to build and port an engine but I think his diagnostic skills are a bit lacking. Even KT which I like as a person is a bit off sometimes. Not backing up proper facts and using opinions like saying the double pipe makes big power which tbh is a dog poop pipe but thats just one example.

My final thought on them both is that they are monkey porters. Only really KT is close to making big power however from what I see is that they don't make anything thats repeatable. "I include myself in this group until I get my cnc machine and lathe".

Lastly someone said that double piston rings don't increase compression. It was proven that it does. Its not an end all be all but it does. People spread misinformation like wildfire in there but its w/e.

KT is a good and proper bs'er, he's trolled this forum multiple times. Also has nothing to show for the load of poop he talks.
Yep I know about his antics. The thing I respect about him is that he has theories based upon experience and his knowledge. Seems he tries experimental things that most people won't try due to not wanting to waste time and money. If he would get rid of the ego he would become a much better engine builder. This is how we learn. I've learned working at my company that even people who have been doing what they have been doing for 30+ years could be the worst most inexperienced employees.

That is a common issue on the 320 engines. The left rear corner. If the bore looks good? Just swap piston and run again. If there is aluminum transferred onto the cylinder wall? Use muriatic Acid on it to dissolve the aluminum. But keep it on the bore only. Than wash it good and reassemble it.

If there is a flat spot you could ball hone it. It will re cross hatch it. Just don't do it too much. Gotta preserve that plating.
Ball hones are actually useless. It does not show you an out of round bore. Just puts marks on it. Plus you risk screwing up the chamfers in the ports with them because they go into the ports and do not glide over them like a rigid hone does. Same with brake hones. The shoes just move in and out and do not give an actually feedback on the bore being out of round.

Ball hones are actually useless. It does not show you an out of round bore. Just puts marks on it. Plus you risk screwing up the chamfers in the ports with them because they go into the ports and do not glide over them like a rigid hone does. Same with brake hones. The shoes just move in and out and do not give an actually feedback on the bore being out of round.
don't think I'd want to shove a ridged hone in there with out it being in a fixture anyway, also doesn't help the chrome or nikasil is pretty thin as well.

You can put a slight finish on it without an issue assuming the cylinder is round or setup in torque plates. BUT the issues is you may be ruining the finish on it as it was designed. It is amazing how much the grit and the way you finish it will effect both power and longevity. So some people may not realize they think they are doing good but in the end are actually hurting themselves.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks