Here we go!!! New release primal rc monster truck thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been waiting a long time for something like this. I'm not that interested in the monster truck aspect as I would build it like a Formula Offroad cliff climber.

Is it my imagination or are they treating this pre-order like a go fund me? $2700 for pre-order and $2800 if you wait . What bothers me is you pay 2700 and they take that in full as soon as you order it , before you get it and you have to wait till August . WTF. And if you cancel within 14 days of shipping they still keep $250.00 that's bull poop sorry. Oh and a 49cc engine only has 6 hp wtf. My OBR34 reed case has more hp . For the money you're paying for this thing it should have a 100 cc reed case pushing much more hp.

Don't get me wrong it looks badass . But is't not worth what they are asking for it .

After watching this video It would be a blast to play with ... But I still don't think it's worth the asking price .

Last edited:
Also guys, I think most of you guys are completely missing the purpose or what it is. This monster truck is not supposed to be fast, it's like a real Monster truck, are they really fast? No. They are ment for climbing, crawling and small jumping, and that what this truck is meant to be, just scaled down. Sure some of u guys like fast, very good handling rigs, I like both this and fast and very good handling, but that doesn't mean it isn't good or is a flop, it's just it's not your cup of tea. I would rather own a fast big bore Baja (like I will have eventually) than this if I were to choose one.

I would have to fold the rear seats down just to get 'Big Ram' in the car, that's assuming there's enough room between the suspension turrets!!

One thing I don't think's been mentioned, and on 'the loose stuff' it doesn't seem that necessary, but what about 4WS?

Another, this hobby being what it is, but will the admittedly meaty driveline take power upgrades?
Is there room for a 100cc motor?

How about 'the ultimate custom' - fit a 100cc Conley V8? !!!!

Is that a $10k truck now? ..... o_O

Just a few thoughts.

Personally, means and circumstances currently dictate I couldn't have one, but any significant change and I'm joining the queue!!

Al.

Also guys, I think most of you guys are completely missing the purpose or what it is. This monster truck is not supposed to be fast, it's like a real Monster truck, are they really fast? No. They are ment for climbing, crawling and small jumping, and that what this truck is meant to be, just scaled down. Sure some of u guys like fast, very good handling rigs, I like both this and fast and very good handling, but that doesn't mean it isn't good or is a flop, it's just it's not your cup of tea. I would rather own a fast big bore Baja (like I will have eventually) than this if I were to choose one.

They are not slow. They are violent. thats the best way to describe them. Lots and lots and lots of torque but also HP. Many of them will do 100-120 mph if given a drag lane. Which isnt bad for what is essentually a souped up piece of farm equipment. Primals design is uber traditional, but I would love to see something like this;

Frisch-Countrys-Youngest-Female-Monster-Truck-Driver1.jpg

Radically different setup than most other trucks. Lower center of gravity, almost a truggy like setup. Ah yeah and the pretty model on the truck is actually its driver. This is a truck that was build for havoc.

I am totally underwhelmed by Primal MT's performance tbh. I love the looks but ...meh....are there any hobby engines with enough torque to really move it up to speed with enough brutality for it to feel scale. With something that weighs 40 kilograms you need quite a bit of oomph and can the truck even take it?

I thought it would be larger?? Also needs a larger engine like something from RCMAX.

Larger? It dwarfs the MTXL?! And its made from pure alloy so its 40 kilos of truck?! Its quarter scale, much larger and it stop making sense. Just look at the 1:3 turd from mammoth. It can barely keep itself together for a casual run on a field.
What next?

Largescale mini Monster Jam?

(But not THAT mini- ... !!)

Imagine Dennis (Anderson) and Tom (Meents) with remotes in their hands .... could be .... recipe for absolute disaster !!!
We'd all love to see it of course!!

Al.

Actually the 1:10 MT modding community that have their own leagues with very scale looking (And behaving) trucks have a meet up with the Andersons every year and they all have one of those 10's models of their legendary digger and sling king. Cant remember what the event is called but it does look the dogs bollox.

I don't think any of use are missing the point or it's purpose . If I were to buy one of these I would have to add a trailer hitch to my Camaro and use my motorcycle trailer to haul that thing around . No offense that's just stupid . Or I would have to buy a pickup truck and use ramps to get it in and out of the truck . The damn thing is a 2 man lift to get it in and out of a truck .

And then think about when you have to work on it . Are you going to call a friend every time you need to work on it . Hey Joe I need ya to help me get this up on the work bench ( If it even fits) . Or Are you going to buy and engine hoist to lift and move it around ? And parts and upgrade parts are going to be expensive for that thing because it is so Unique .

As cool as it is it's just stupid . This is a toy for peole that have way to much money to burn .

They are not slow. They are violent. thats the best way to describe them. Lots and lots and lots of torque but also HP. Many of them will do 100-120 mph if given a drag lane. Which isnt bad for what is essentually a souped up piece of farm equipment. Primals design is uber traditional, but I would love to see something like this;

Frisch-Countrys-Youngest-Female-Monster-Truck-Driver1.jpg

Radically different setup than most other trucks. Lower center of gravity, almost a truggy like setup. Ah yeah and the pretty model on the truck is actually its driver. This is a truck that was build for havoc.

I am totally underwhelmed by Primal MT's performance tbh. I love the looks but ...meh....are there any hobby engines with enough torque to really move it up to speed with enough brutality for it to feel scale. With something that weighs 40 kilograms you need quite a bit of oomph and can the truck even take it?
I'm not saying it's not gutless engine wise cuz it is and needs more power but it sounds like some of you guys want this thing to be really really fast when that's not exactly the purpose for a monster truck
I think Z is getting back handers from primal rc :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: maybe he struck a deal to get 50% off or something:unsure::LOL: coz if he isn't on their team they should look at getting him on board ;)
Im getting front handers if u know what I mean ???
I don't think any of use are missing the point or it's purpose . If I were to buy one of these I would have to add a trailer hitch to my Camaro and use my motorcycle trailer to haul that thing around . No offense that's just stupid . Or I would have to buy a pickup truck and use ramps to get it in and out of the truck . The damn thing is a 2 man lift to get it in and out of a truck .

And then think about when you have to work on it . Are you going to call a friend every time you need to work on it . Hey Joe I need ya to help me get this up on the work bench ( If it even fits) . Or Are you going to buy and engine hoist to lift and move it around ? And parts and upgrade parts are going to be expensive for that thing because it is so Unique .

As cool as it is it's just stupid . This is a toy for peole that have way to much money to burn .
Yeah I do agree on that point, it is wayy to heavy and impractical to use or work on.

I like it. Yes it's a giant turd but given the money I'd get one.... have to try to get a clear body.... and tear that engine apart. My first dirt bike was a 50cc honda, 2 speed. It hauled my little arse and my pops big arse all around the farm so this thing should have potential for much more hp. But it's a dream in my case....have a roof to fix atm.?

OK, it IS big, VERY BIG!!!

Isn't that what everyone normally wants 'the next one to be' - bigger, better, more accurate / realistic ....

30mph certainly isn't slow, and with that momentum ... !! (If it's 1/4, then 4x 30 = 120mph - all out maximum of the real thing as well.)

Seems like the suspension was well set-up for the videos - definitely riding the rocks better than my old FG MT used to ...

I think they should be applauded for making something so extreme and sincerely hope it does well, VERY WELL.

Such a huge effort, and doubtless investment deserves praise, particularly in these negative times!!

WELL DONE PRIMAL RC.

Al.

30mph certainly isn't slow, and with that momentum ... !! (If it's 1/4, then 4x 30 = 120mph - all out maximum of the real thing as well.)

What momentum? That the issue you cant just calculate it like that. A human face also just consists of two eyes a nose, some cheeks and lips and yet.... this doesn't look right, does it:

creepy-girl-uncanny-valley.jpg

The truck is a pretty picture but something about it is off when it moves. I think its torque to weight ratio that may be the issue.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks