HPI Baja Clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really they offer a 26cc which looks = to the SS baja and if you buy a 5b RTR you got owned cuz honestly RTR 5b = KM baja

With respect, I would have to disagree, they aren't all the same. There are definitely differences in all the different models. Slight as the differences may be, but they are all different when you tear them completely down.:)

What are VVC?

i think he ment VCC, which is a fancy word for dampener or shock
Volume Compensating Chamber is what VCC stands for, not sure what VVC would mean, Volume Creation Chamber maybe?

and yes, anyone that has had plastics in their hand a few dozen time can see the Major differances, but its much hard to see in pics/vids. you have to look at the stuff and feel it with your hands to tell which is whick. or grab it and bend the fugg out of it, that too will show which is the KM and which is HPI, the KM will Snap, where the HPI will bend farter before its stressed enough to break.

It's not only the plastic in my opinion. After tearing down the KM and the HPI there are alot of differences between the two even in internal parts, plastic part shapes and sizes, engine, shock internals, fluids, ect.:)

There really is no comparing the two except for looks.

why do hpi owners have so much hate in there blood??? then again i would be mad too if i shelled out an extra 500-600 bux on a 5b rtr the only hpi woth buying is a SS Sorry but im half way there and about 500 bux richer lol..................:cup-1::rockon::arabia::euro::D

its not about hating, its about MAJOR disagreement with the ethics behind the Company called KM. they are HIGHLY UNethical, and all they are doing is selling cheap crap to new unknowings, that have to spend half a fortune and usually more to make the dang things useable for more then 5 minutes.

and you can not count the fact we Baja guys have shitoads in hop ues. only a fwe ore really needed if you run the car like an rc. most of us buy the upgrades out of Want, not NEED. but in most cases, you cant do that with the KMs, if will break alot faster and more often, cost more money in the end (as we all know, more money is made on parts than on base models sold). and in the case of the Newb, which this product mostly sells to, you will find it cheap, easyily broken, and a general headache (especially for a newb) and yet KM does nothing to improve thier weak product, or help with customer service, or warrenty repair/replacement, or anything else a company that innovates and cares about its customers do.

If you call my ETHICAL DECISION to inform all that will listen about the crap KM puts out, and their UN Ethical company business dealings, Hating, then so be it im a hater.

its not about hating, its about MAJOR disagreement with the ethics behind the Company called KM. they are HIGHLY UNethical, and all they are doing is selling cheap crap to new unknowings, that have to spend half a fortune and usually more to make the dang things useable for more then 5 minutes.

and you can not count the fact we Baja guys have shitoads in hop ues. only a fwe ore really needed if you run the car like an rc. most of us buy the upgrades out of Want, not NEED. but in most cases, you cant do that with the KMs, if will break alot faster and more often, cost more money in the end (as we all know, more money is made on parts than on base models sold). and in the case of the Newb, which this product mostly sells to, you will find it cheap, easyily broken, and a general headache (especially for a newb) and yet KM does nothing to improve thier weak product, or help with customer service, or warrenty repair/replacement, or anything else a company that innovates and cares about its customers do.

If you call my ETHICAL DECISION to inform all that will listen about the crap KM puts out, and their UN Ethical company business dealings, Hating, then so be it im a hater.

dude leave ethics to abortion............. im pretty sure HPI sold the patent to KM to generate more $$$ cuz nobody is just going to go to a hobby store and drop 1200 on a 5b rtr besides when i break somthin on my KM i replace it with a SS part or aluminum part and i haven't hit the 1200 dollar mark yet....

dude leave ethics to abortion............. im pretty sure HPI sold the patent to KM to generate more $$$ cuz nobody is just going to go to a hobby store and drop 1200 on a 5b rtr besides when i break somthin on my KM i replace it with a SS part or aluminum part and i haven't hit the 1200 dollar mark yet....

Wow your really that ignorant? You believe Hpi sold the patent to their product to a company in China of all places? Give me a break. KM bought a baja then proceded to make a copy of all its parts. A few other companies have come and gone that have done this also. You may want to head to hpibajaforums and rethink your little statement about how people wont be spending alot of money on these things. Im glad when you break a part you replace it, what Timmahh was trying to say I believe about parts quality is that in the same crash there is a much less chance that the HPI part will break VS the KM part. I flipped my KM baja on its roof and obliterated the wing and bent a shock shaft. I have replaced it with the HPI stuff and since crashed it in much the same way and nothing more than some scratches across the wing.

:donatello:

hello, I am new in this forum, and wanted to know if somebody knows the clone ROVAN BAJA 1/5??
Here I leave the Link them of the manufacturer? it has good dot and it wanted to have some reference of quality of knows some it.

http://www.rovansports.com/en/index.asp

Thanks.

The rovans are/have proven to be quite good.
They come with sway bars, a metal diff and a tuned pipe from factory, also a 29cc engine that will blow any stock hpi baja out of the water be it ss or rtr.
Also unlike hpi's baja, the rovans come with oil in the diff and tranny case.
The plastic has proven to be weak, so a wing and new rims will be needed.
There will be a few other minor fixes needed to get your rovan bash worthy and to run tank after tank but you will have a faster, stronger hoped up car for the same price (if not cheaper) then a hpi baja. :cool2:

hpi, km, rovan, sq, rc carfactory is all good they are all money pits are all are loads of fun, form persoanl exprenice hpi are better but are also 50% more upfront, alll we need pritty much the same upgrades some sooner then later. some of you will know im not a fan of the km all in one crank case motors, but i don't mind the cy clone motors, i think its a good thing to get more people into the hobby, there would be no need for clones other where priced right, but in the same time ill ay you do get what you payfor and there is better cars out there then a hpi baja 5b or as clone

clone

hey btb, i orderd the jet pro v4 instead of the cpi when it came what a nice looking pipe.then i mounted it it is off center when looking from the back about 1/4 of a inch cant use the back mount for the pipe but it does tuck in nicley. my first run on this man it really came alive on the bottom end and helped all the way thru to top end. i just wonder if it is off being a clone its like the motor needs to come back on the right side to throw the back of the pipe to the left owell i do like it, thanks again for the info.

Thats good news. Like I said the motor is a beginners motor and not adaptable to upgrading without troubles. Save up and get a good Zen and you will be set. Good news about the pipe though. Funny how a pipe can do well even on a low end motor. Might be able to devise a better mount by yourself?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks