DBXL Kill switch stuck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh I don't want to take the engine out!! I am seriously thinking about parting this out on ebay...

No I don't think you do, you just have to remove the fan cover and shroud, I think you can do that with the motor in. But I've never owned a dbxl so I don't know lol

That's what I was thinking ,but I had removed my head ,an again ,I don't own one ,it is hard to gain access to that area
because of chassy layout out & rollcage!

Your engine flywheel key may have sheared throwing it off timing ,you should pull it ,an inspect it ,I know that it is
frustrating ,but you will get better knowledge of your rig if you do!...:cool:

Ok Been having loads of fun over here :) So based on the pics can you tell if anything looks wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_3994.JPG
    IMG_3994.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3995.JPG
    IMG_3995.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3996.JPG
    IMG_3996.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 16
Ok Been having loads of fun over here :) So based on the pics can you tell if anything looks wrong?

I cant ,but wrong things could be hidden ,sense you are at this point into the game ,I would pull the flywheel an
check that woodruff key an make sure that it isnt sheared ,better now while you have it apart!

It only takes a little bit to shear an throw off the ignition timing ,also it will give you more experience & a good
peace of mind knowing!.....:cool:

Dumb question maybe, I installed the killswitch and plugged into the aux port so now I have no power from the battery?

Dumb question maybe, I installed the killswitch and plugged into the aux port so now I have no power from the battery?
Battery plugs into the aux port too, and you need both, so what you need to do is grab a "Y" splitter, plug said y splitter into the aux port, then plug the battery and kill switch into each end of the Y.

Nope no hobby stores
thats why I don't want to keep this buggy
We had one in the next town but it closed for good
On the plus side I found on the short little piece of driveline next to throttle servo only had half a pin left. I was able to replace it since I had a spare!

Last edited:
Once you get the hang of these things, they are about the easiest rc to work on. There isnt really much you need to yank the engine out for, but it's all of 5 or 6 bolts, 2 fuel lines, carb linkage and a wire or two. Drive pins are a Normal wear item. If you boot all of the CV ends you can, and grease them they wear far less. (This is every CV, except for the center shafts next to the brake disks) get flm center shafts, they last a lot longer. The no start issue your having is really a minor glitch in the greater scheme of things. I have 2 hobby shops close to me, one 20 min (or less) away. None of them stock crap for a 1/5 gas, they too love traxxas and everything electric. I order everything off DDM, or Ebay.

I will check out DDM. Sorry but the buggy has been totally reassembled before I could look at the piston. Gas came out of the exhaust when it was off

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks