KM Baja.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fekin starter broke ,going to have to find something better ,seen a metal one ,would have got it ,but did not see any
in the US ,fek ,the paw just snapped ,the engine feels like it has a lot of compression ,too much for these cheap plastic
starters!....:banghead:

The engine was running ,then hit & miss wanting to cut out ,as I was trying to start it before the starter broke ,I had noticed
that there was feking sparking from the plug wire insulator to the head ,so now I know why it was cutting out....then messed
with it an went to start it ,that is when starter broke ,so now I need to buy another better starter!...:banghead:
What starter did you buy? China/eBay/rovan/km poop?
Get a cy pullstart. They last with high compression obr engines so it will do fine on that motor.
What's the "spark plug coil insulator" ? Do you mean plug boot ? If so, some people buy the msd wire and boot off ddm, I can't speak on it, as I've never had one. My stock cy/zen one worked fine for me ?
+1??
Don't buy the rovan starter coz they are utter ?? buy a cy/zen and an alloy pawl from DDM also cy plug cap?? just replaced my losi's cap with the cy ($1.50) works great

Got the pull starter back on ,it worked great ,fired up in 2 pulls ,but I aint going to try to run it right now ,it is now peaking at a 100 deg.
right now an climbing , can climb up to as much as 110 today!

My cooler morning was spent by going to Homy-po getting a 3/4 hp motor so that I can run a higher pully ratio on the cooler for
more air output!
May start an test run tomorrow morning ,it depends on what my wife has planned for me ,this is her w-end ,if not thursday for sure!...:cool:

I put my spark plug in yesterday ,it fired up quick an stayed running an revved nicely as .I had been having issues with hit & miss
starting issues ,LOL....one minute it would fire an run ,next minute ,wouldnt hit a lick ,so I think that it was the plug all this time ,
it makes me wonder if the old engine is any good ,but....:giggle:.....I got a bigger engine!

Going to try to test run it today ,my wife took some extra time off work ,so she kept me busy from my Baja!...:banghead:

I put my spark plug in yesterday ,it fired up quick an stayed running an revved nicely as .I had been having issues with hit & miss
starting issues ,LOL....one minute it would fire an run ,next minute ,wouldnt hit a lick ,so I think that it was the plug all this time ,
it makes me wonder if the old engine is any good ,but....:giggle:.....I got a bigger engine!

Going to try to test run it today ,my wife took some extra time off work ,so she kept me busy from my Baja!...:banghead:
Cool. I took my vekta out today and for the life of me couldn't get the tune right. Thought about it for a second and said "change the plug" to myself. Swapped plug and she ran flawless for another 10min until the losi throttle sero died. I've now come to the conclusion that when they're running like shite and when all else fails, swap plugs??

Cool. I took my vekta out today and for the life of me couldn't get the tune right. Thought about it for a second and said "change the plug" to myself. Swapped plug and she ran flawless for another 10min until the losi throttle sero died. I've now come to the conclusion that when they're running like shite and when all else fails, swap plugs??

LOL .yea but my plug was the original 8 year old plug!.... :giggle:

I am fixin to do a vid ,it took me awhile to get it to stay running on the carb settings ,this engine seems like it wants more
from the carb settings though ,I have to open the needles FEKIN FAT ,however ,it does fire right up every time on a few pulls!

May need a better carb ,an I think that this poop pipe is restricting the potential power that wants to be set free!....:unsure:

Well ,I went out an fired it up ,it fires up easy ,wraps out ,stays full WOT ,however ,it dies when I brake ,the idle set is at full in!

I walked every thing over ,including servo & linkage throw an both needle H & L back & fourth ,there is no change in curing
the idle when braking!
So I conclude that the butter fly on the carb is not staying open enough to keep at idle ,it does idle some what when I let
off the throttle ,but dies when brake is applied.

I can purchase another better carb as this one is a cheapy ,however ,it does work & perform ,but there is 2 ways that I
can modify this one to stay running when brakes are applied ,either add something on the idle side paw or I can remove
a little material off of the butterfly itself for some air!

Any thoughts about removing just a little bit off the butterfly?

Try adjusting your throttle linkage.

WOW ,FEK ,this thing feking flys ,now it makes me nervous running it on the street!....:giggle:

It runs a %100 percent better & faster than on that vid ,at this point ,it is getting side ways on take off ,my hands
are still shaking from the run right now!....?

However ,still dies upon braking & fast off the throttle ,Z ,reread my post!....:rolleyes:

WOW ,FEK ,this thing feking flys ,now it makes me nervous running it on the street!....:giggle:

It runs a %100 percent better & faster than on that vid ,at this point ,it is getting side ways on take off ,my hands
are still shaking from the run right now!....?

However ,still dies upon braking & fast off the throttle ,Z ,reread my post!....:rolleyes:
Yeah if you hit the break and it shuts off, I'd think that's the throttle linkage. Either way, don't hit a curb ??

Yeah if you hit the break and it shuts off, I'd think that's the throttle linkage. Either way, don't hit a curb ??

Yea ,I tried the throttle linkage ,it still throws with the servo!

Right now ,it runs fekin sweet ,so I am not touching the needles no more until I put some run time out in the field with it ,
it has way too much power to be around the curbs ,I had my fair share with all of my RC's kissing them!

At this point ,I will just add a little bit of tape on the idle paw to keep it from dieing!

I am fixing to upload the vid now!... :giggle:

If you apply brakes dose the throttle hammer move?

Of course it moves....LOL....it moves like it should ,back up against the idle set screw in which is turned all the way in!...LOL
There is no more adjustment ,so I will just add something to the hammer ,an later modify the butterfly ,if it feks it up ,I
still have the old carb that I can recover the butterfly from!

I pulled the carb off ,the original one does have the little air gap channel at the edge of the butterfly for air when idling ,the
new carb does not ,that was the first thing that I thought of when I could not get it to idle!

I will take pics of what I am talking about ,I no for sure that Sean knows exactly what I am talking about ,we both know
a lot about these types of carbs!
Ok ,here is a pic ,it shows the air gap needed ,the old one even has the holes ,but the shaft does cover them up ,but still ,when it does ,
they may not be completely sealed from air!
The new one has no holes ,an very little air gap at the edge!

Here is the pic of the two side by side ,you can tell the old from the new ,the new is shiny!

Ok ,here is the old ,I went ahead an open the air gap just a little bit more!

I will put it back together ,an test run it tomorrow ,it is too hot now an the wife is home ,she is having company come ,
I will also shoot another vid of the difference!....:cool:

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks