Kraken TSK1 Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve also installed the rear shock brace from GH racing. These are rare as hens teeth, I got this from Australia, last one anywhere and that was years ago. You can see the larger opening for the shock cap compared to the TR one and this will give better clearance for the Threahold rezzies.

It’s a much more meaty item and it doesn’t need bushes.

Here is the shock brace and fuel filter what a work of art. It’s over engineered but so what??

Here is the shock brace and fuel filter what a work of art. It’s over engineered but so what??

Lots of test fitting but I’ve run out of tubing, more on order.

I’ve done loads more but I’ll post later.

Last edited:
Ok some more progress, I’ve installed all Futaba telemetry sensors on the engine, RPM and temperature. Apologies for the terrible pics. View attachment 49735

I’ve also soldered in the kill switch wiring and xt30 connectors, 16AWG silicone wire.

View attachment 49736

I’ve used high temp braiding to around the wire over the heat shrink.
Have you tried the rpm sensor and was it direct bolt in or you have to make bracket and what was the air gap for the sensor thanks for any info your build looks awesome

I’ve also installed the rear shock brace from GH racing. These are rare as hens teeth, I got this from Australia, last one anywhere and that was years ago. You can see the larger opening for the shock cap compared to the TR one and this will give better clearance for the Threahold rezzies.

View attachment 49738

It’s a much more meaty item and it doesn’t need bushes.

View attachment 49739

View attachment 49740

View attachment 49740
Lots of test fitting but I’ve run out of tubing, more on order.

View attachment 49746

I’ve done loads more but I’ll post later.
That's a nice fuel filter ?

I made the bracket from a piece of Mecano. The air gap is 1 mm or less and the manual says 1~2mm. I haven’t powered it up yet but might try today if I get time.

The fuel filter is from FID bought from RCModelz in the UK.
I’ve rebuilt my shocks with titanium shafts in the front and toughened steel in the rear from Kraken. Full Force stand offs and Threshold Rezzies V2s.

I didn’t take the shock caps off because I didn’t have all the orings to replace them and they aren’t leaking so I left them alone. It meant that I couldn’t take the adjusters off to paint them so that will be for next time.

Last edited:
So I’ve tested fitted the Torpedo pipe and in my best Russian accent, it’s problem.

I’ve ordered a 28mm copper slip ring coupling and some longer silicone tube. I thought about cutting the body mounts but thought better of it. It’s better to make the pipe fit the truck not make truck fit the pipe. Hahaha

So I’ve tested fitted the Torpedo pipe and in my best Russian accent, it’s problem.

View attachment 49762

View attachment 49763

I’ve ordered a 28mm copper slip ring coupling and some longer silicone tube. I thought about cutting the body mounts but thought better of it. It’s better to make the pipe fit the truck not make truck fit the pipe. Hahaha
You tried pushing the pipe into the header more right?

View attachment 49762

View attachment 49763

That's a 5b pipe Milo.
The mount is supposed to go under the chassis and the pipe sits further down, look at the angle of header to the pipe??

Ok some more progress, I’ve installed all Futaba telemetry sensors on the engine, RPM and temperature. Apologies for the terrible pics. View attachment 49735

I’ve also soldered in the kill switch wiring and xt30 connectors, 16AWG silicone wire.

View attachment 49736

I’ve used high temp braiding to around the wire over the heat shrink.

What the hell, Wine, WINE ? All hoyty toyty. Now I know why you spelled Murican wrong . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Looking good Milo.

I’ve now mounted the exhaust it clears the cage as well now. I’m quite chuffed with the result. I used a bit of silicone hose as an insulator.

I had a small disaster when I powered up the electronics I melted my switch.

Turns out it’s a faulty temperature sensor so that’s going in the bin and I’m not ordering another. I’ll stick to my cheapo heat gun.

I’ve cut my carbon side pods to fit and I’ve mounted my carbon bead locks.

Getting there slowly.

I’ve now mounted the exhaust it clears the cage as well now. I’m quite chuffed with the result. I used a bit of silicone hose as an insulator.

View attachment 49802

I had a small disaster when I powered up the electronics I melted my switch.

View attachment 49803

Turns out it’s a faulty temperature sensor so that’s going in the bin and I’m not ordering another. I’ll stick to my cheapo heat gun.

I’ve cut my carbon side pods to fit and I’ve mounted my carbon bead locks.

View attachment 49804
View attachment 49805

Getting there slowly.
Who makes them carbon beadlock?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks