list of basic tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me add some more tools I suggest, I suggest a assortment of files, sometimes stuff just doesn't line up correctly (I would know?) and y need to mod something, sometimes your clearenceing, maybe cleaning up edges on something you made, they are helpful! Flush cuts and angled pleirs are quite useful. Also a fnf exhuast spring tool is Gunna be helpful for 2 peice exhuast systems were it has a spring and you need good grip. And lastly, rubber/,nylon jawed pleirs are helpful if your trying to not mess up the coloring (such as powder coating or anodizing) on something or your trying not to gaouge a peice of soft aluminum, those will help!

Let me add some more tools I suggest, I suggest a assortment of files, sometimes stuff just doesn't line up correctly (I would know?) and y need to mod something, sometimes your clearenceing, maybe cleaning up edges on something you made, they are helpful! Flush cuts and angled pleirs are quite useful. Also a fnf exhuast spring tool is Gunna be helpful for 2 peice exhuast systems were it has a spring and you need good grip. And lastly, rubber/,nylon jawed pleirs are helpful if your trying to not mess up the coloring (such as powder coating or anodizing) on something or your trying not to gaouge a peice of soft aluminum, those will help!

Don't worry ,I got my Bastard!.....LOL

Tools will be the best life-long investment you will ever make. They absolutely pay for themselves over time. I started fixing broken lawn mowers at the age of 12. My first repair was a Briggs "cranker start" broken recoil exactly like this one :

My dad was such a cheap azz he made me fix it, and I did. I never got a direct thank you but I did get a huge banana split cream out of the deal and a lesson learned about money to be saved doing your own repairs. So I guess my point is is buy all the tools you can afford.... buy a LOT of tools because you WILL use them regularly. I dabble in everything except more complex electronics. I'm kinda scared of soldering the micro stuff !

Tools will be the best life-long investment you will ever make. They absolutely pay for themselves over time. I started fixing broken lawn mowers at the age of 12. My first repair was a Briggs "cranker start" broken recoil exactly like this one :

My dad was such a cheap azz he made me fix it, and I did. I never got a direct thank you but I did get a huge banana split cream out of the deal and a lesson learned about money to be saved doing your own repairs. So I guess my point is is buy all the tools you can afford.... buy a LOT of tools because you WILL use them regularly. I dabble in everything except more complex electronics. I'm kinda scared of soldering the micro stuff !

LOL....I remember those ,my grandpa had one ,I got a old one ,the handle is versitle ,you don't have to turn the mower
around ,I will have to pull it out an take some pics of it!
The small engine shop owner gave it to me when he retired his business ,he said that it was his first lawn mower ,
he gave it to me about 12 years ago ,I think it is from the 50's ,been meaning on pulling it out to restore!...:cool:

That's neat never seen one of those.

So you would crank the handle about 3 rotations ( it was a ratchet type mechanism) . Then once the recoil spring tension was set, you folded the crank lever over and it would snap into place, next there was a push button on the top of the crank handle. Push the button and the recoil pawl was disengaged and the engine would crank over.

OH MY GOD. I haven't seen one of those old crank starters since I was a youngster. Z this is the starter you need for your 70cc. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: They were so cool. I seem to vaguely remember fixing one once also. They worked great till the spring broke.

Got my self a Bosch cordless drill/driver
??? this will make strip downs a breeze ??View attachment 55719
The right angle bit holders are fantastic. They make a long flexible one thats great too. I have one thats about a foot long that I use all the time. Those 2 attachments are how I installed my killswitches without removing the engine's. Good purchase.

The right angle bit holders are fantastic. They make a long flexible one thats great too. I have one thats about a foot long that I use all the time. Those 2 attachments are how I installed my killswitches without removing the engine's. Good purchase.
Check this out.

Right angle flex bit holder

Just ordered a ton of tools. Should be pretty much everything I'll need to get in way over my head :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks