Looks like hpi is making a comeback!!!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idiots like Zed is what kept them afloat. The savage was by far one of the best monster truck set ups, but by today's standards is obsolete. Still very tough. The baja is the same thing. Killer in its day, and bla se today. Going bankrupt is a sign of a company that cant manage themselves. Hence the reason I'm not getting hyped up again because they released some parts.
Baja isn't bleh, it has one of the toughest stock drivetrains ever, only topped by mcd. Idk about savages, they are badass though. And fuk off with the name calling ?
I get that but if they come back and just make parts for old cars who cares. Plenty of companies have already stepped in to fill the void. I hope they are planning to innovate if they come back
We will see
Well before I sold all my super nitros I put a t 3.0 in it. I got bored of the t 15 and wanted more. But due to gearing limitations and power I only managed 55mph out of them. Then my shelf queen had a .21 big block in it with a wolf pack radicals chassis and big block conversion kit
Sounds like a nice rig, wish I had kept my 4 tec and built upon it, I gave up pretty quick back then .

Baja isn't bleh, it has one of the toughest stock drivetrains ever, only topped by mcd. Idk about savages, they are badass though. And fuk off with the name calling ?

We will see

Sounds like a nice rig, wish I had kept my 4 tec and built upon it, I gave up pretty quick back then .
The Baja would need so much work to be up to date. It would need to be redesigned so that it’s not such a pain to work on. The engine would need to be pushed to the middle so that you could turn just a little bit while on throttle and then they would need to be in business long enough for people to trust that the 1400 rig they just bought won’t be a paper weight because they can’t find x part

The Baja would need so much work to be up to date. It would need to be redesigned so that it’s not such a pain to work on. The engine would need to be pushed to the middle so that you could turn just a little bit while on throttle and then they would need to be in business long enough for people to trust that the 1400 rig they just bought won’t be a paper weight because they can’t find x part
You make it sound like they don't have part support on purpose and just ditch the customers in the woods. It's not their fault, traxxas sued them for no good reason and they went bankrupt

They should've just started a new company and new platform.
Sounds like a losi to me?

You make it sound like they don't have part support on purpose and just ditch the customers in the woods. It's not their fault, traxxas sued them for no good reason and they went bankrupt
No obviously they didn’t choose to go out of business but they did none the less.
They should've just started a new company and new platform.

Sounds like a losi to me?
? watch your mouth dad. Losi till I die

Losi was out of my range when I was a kid and so was hpi...i ended up with traxxas and duratrax cars.. now that I'm older I now see why losi was more expensive. Owning losi was one goal of rc and i have to say im happy with the 5t. And hpi was another goal. Good cars mind you the cars I ran were from 1999 when they were ontop but now its meh. I do wish them the best and from what i last hear a Swedish or Scandinavian company owns hpi now

I remember back in the day team associated and team losi were very competitive. Hpi had there hand on the road car scene and dabbled with stadium trucks. Then traxxas did the tmaxx so hpi made the savage.. hpi to me back in the day wasnt known for 1/5 scale it was there road cars

I remember back in the day team associated and team losi were very competitive. Hpi had there hand on the road car scene and dabbled with stadium trucks. Then traxxas did the tmaxx so hpi made the savage.. hpi to me back in the day wasnt known for 1/5 scale it was there road cars
I was such a AE fanboy 20+ years ago. Thus my sweet passionate love for the rc10gt and nds. Both awesome IMO of course. Couldn't stand losi. Nowadays I've got 3 losi's...4 if I can find my old old xx-t

Starting out with a tamiya terra crusher made everything else seem like ?. But it went the way of the do do bird. Then I got into traxxas, and that was a giant waste of money. Then hpi. The savage actually kept me into rc. Best truck out there. Then i couldnt find parts and realized they were more or less out of business. Really nothing has changed to this point. Yay they may he kinda sorta back, but who knows if it will last, or if they will bring anything new to the rc world.......

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks