Looks like hpi is making a comeback!!!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
season 5 blackened sponge GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

?????

Seriously though. Who knows what hpi would have made if they didn’t go under. Most likely there would have never been another 1/5 platform anyway. Maybe minor changes to the same design. The only thing that would excite me would be a tlr 5ive b level 2wd kit. The chances of that are almost zero though

Well you didn't win, you nust succeeded in making yourself look dumb. Just because you don't have a use for it doesn't mean its junk.
Not sure why this hurts your feelings so much. I am only one man. I’m allowed to have an opinion that’s different from you. You like hpi. That’s ok. I don’t like hpi. That’s ok too

Not sure why this hurts your feelings so much. I am only one man. I’m allowed to have an opinion that’s different from you. You like hpi. That’s ok. I don’t like hpi. That’s ok too
Doesn't hurt my feelings, just blatant tupidity gets on my nerves ? and that's not what you said earlier. But whatever dude ?‍♂️

Rovan is poop. They took the worst 1:5 platform and made it even worse. Disgraceful
The HPI Baja is legend. It wasn’t designed for racing it was designed for bashing, and I think that’s a first. It also drove the aftermarket to beyond.

Yes there are much better platforms but nothing comes close to the Baja. The transmission alone is legendary, name a stronger one, I dare you?

You don’t have to like it, there are lot of things I don’t like, but it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. I had this discussion on Tx Rx thread.

Of course an Elcon or MCD da, da, da, dee, da are much better but for me personally that’s not the point. The customisation is key.

Don’t see no Losi based dragsters or any other manufacturer. I’m happy for you to prove me wrong?

So I'll say this. The baja does nothing for me, but it was the reason I got into 1/5 scale or i should say one of them. The spot we bashed at years and years ago had 2 guys that had 1/5 scale rigs. Never had tuning issues and dam near never broke. One of them had a Baja and the other guy I have no idea, it was 4x4 beyond that no clue. At that point I was still rocking the k5.9 in the savage. Dropped it like a hot rock in favor of a 1/5 scale, ended up with the dbxl. don't much care how much abuse the trans can take. It is and was a severely outdated design with poor balance, and a weak front end. But it was also more or less the first 1/5 to take off and popularize the large scale segment. If they bring it back I hope they update the platform and bring us a 4x4 that's as sturdy as the original. They did have plenty of time to change it up before the 32 sell outs, but didnt. They really have no one to blame but themselves, none of their platforms evolved. I love my savage and 100%agree it's the king of the monster trucks, and they had other very good platforms. They could have and should have updated them all at one point, but didnt. Hopefully the new owners give the designers some latitude, other wise they will flop and likely not come back next time. Living on a name and past reputation doesn't make it in today's market.

No I’m not. I think hpi going out of business was good for the hobby.I think it’s Better to not have the junk they put out on the market.
OK, enough of your instigating BS, HPI went out of business partially from the fact that the pussy bullies over at Traxxis decided to sue HPI (and others) over patent infringement over a STUPID "waterproof" radio box design. I initially though highly of Traxxis , now after reading about the scumbag lawsuit tactic crap they pulled I am forever boycotting Traxxis. Screw them. HPI makes excellent products. I'm hoping for the best as HPI currently work through cooperate restructuring and getting product back in the consumer pipeline.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks