MISS GIECO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to loctite anything and everything that either vibrates or rotates!.... Ive lost nuts,linkages came apart, 2 flex shafts spun the solder out of them....welcome to boating bud

Last edited:
It's all good , just part of it , as for lock tight , I'm curious how anybody would heat it up to get stuff apart without melting the freekn boat !? And I have DDM tools pretty good stuff , here's a picture of the shaft and collette looks like some heat going on there , the first time I took off the hood it was full of smoke ! That was cool 😀

Attachments

• IMG_20210913_172853.jpg
    IMG_20210913_172853.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
I'm getting installing a new bolt and shaft right now , but really would like to know what's causing it , any ideas ? Like maybe the stuff that was in the water leaves n stuff , I hope it's not those cable savers I put in , tight fit but I did some trimming there's no tubbing anywhere that I can see

Ok so that my friend was a loose collet. You have to remember there's alot of force on that prop. So if it's loose your gunna just spin the collet on the shaft. Wait till you blow the solder out of the flex shaft and the ferrel at the prop side atleast you have 2 props to get you back. I blew 2 out already and you have to just so lightly give the boat gas to get it back in or your going out to get it

Yes sir ! That's exactly what I did tiny bursts to get it back in , one time I just turned the other way and it did a perfect half circle right to me 😂 I thought the loose Collette too , when I put those shaft savers in , must not have gotten it tight enough cuz I didn't know what that is , but now I do , I haven't lost a case to court of appeals at H.H. YET ! ,,I'm trying for another shaft from them on this , I'll do that tomorrow , tell ya how it goes

Ya, my first time out with it , I felt absagulooooly stupid , no tools , no grease , no eye glasses so my decrepit eyes can see inside , but the second time out was the comical one !!! Got the tools , glasses , grease , beer , ice , and my ski boat , got our on the lake and no !!!! FREEEEEKN CONTROLLER !! needless to say the beer didn't last long 🤣😂😁😀

YEEEEEEHAAAAAW !!! H.H. court of appeals approved new shaft collet and prop on the miss gieco miss hap !! So far I have never been denied , say what you will about what spectrum and H.H. Does or doesn't do for the hobby , I've always been treated very well , just gotta jump the hoops and it's usauly a good deal , I haven't been turned down once,,,,, yet ?

Don't use loctite on the collet. Only blue loctite on the set screw that hold it onto the motor shaft....if you've ever used a dremel or any air tool with a collet you make sure it's locked down ...same concept here

Last edited:
Ya , I didn't see it that way till I tore it apart , I get it now , I didn't lock tight the shaft bolts but I will now , I just use a tiny bit of the red stuff , specially with those tiny grub screw Allen heads , I've always hated those and loctight crap , strip this , heat that drill out that , but part of the addiction we call this fun hobby🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks