My project 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor thing never had a chance ?

well HOLD ON!! the conversion will not be happening any time soon :ROFLMAO:

I plan on keeping the obr full mod going for a good while yet.

I see that the kit on horizon hobby website is marked as clearance at £266 which leads me to believe it may be discontinued at some point.

I managed to find an even better deal elsewhere at £166 delivered for the kit so I thought I would order it.
it looks like a very good kit with the nice carbon parts included

so my thoughts are, even if I do not use the kit I can always sell it on at a later date for roughly the same money, but if I do decide to convert it to brushless like all my other rc's it looks like I will be keeping the 5B for many years to come.

now if big enough lipos become available which allow me to race this thing for 25mins than I would love to go to a few club races and see peoples reaction/disappointment when seeing a brushless 5B :ROFLMAO:

What you gonna go ? Has to be a beast 8s 12s??

I think a hobbywing max5 combo running 8s will be enough for me. 8s is imo bad ass in my hpi Baja. hoping 8s will be the sweet spot for the TLR 5B.

Last edited:
so my thoughts are even if I do not use the kit I can always sell it on at a later date for roughly the same money, but if I do decide to convert it to brushless like all my other rc's it looks like I will be keeping the 5B for many years to come.
Backpedal backpedal!!!!!?????????? can't take it back now????

what size pinion are you guys using in your 5b. im thinking of going up from 19t as I have so much low end acceleration but just feel as if the top end is a little lacking

im running a 29.5 obr full mod so the revs are there but seems to be lacking a few mph at the top

on track its pretty quick but I have not been racing lately so thinking it would fly with a 21t maybe but not sure if it would take too much away from the bottom end

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks