New Vekta.5 owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running an 80 supreme, vertigo transmission with 17/24 gearing, top speed is totally there and needed. I say the same...go big or go home. I think @Haric had some top speed numbers with the gearing changes for vektas

Looks amazing. Can’t wait to get my RCMax chassis.
You guys are killing me with these big engines haha. Makes me want to order up right now.

Looks amazing. Can’t wait to get my RCMax chassis.
You guys are killing me with these big engines haha. Makes me want to order up right now.
Buyer beware!!! once you go big bore you never go back 🤘🤣🤣
I'm running an 80 supreme, vertigo transmission with 17/24 gearing, top speed is totally there and needed. I say the same...go big or go home. I think @Haric had some top speed numbers with the gearing changes for vektas
One of the main reasons i was always gong to go with a Taylor 40, 46, or 50gt was because they use the RT990 carb instead of the bigger WJ carb

I don't like hacking bodies, minor cage mods yeah, but not the body. My 40gt fits within the body panels with a couple of mm to spare, just need to cutout the plastic within that section 👍

20211119_065147.jpg20211119_065225.jpg

Last edited:
The mcd air filter system is a lower profile 👍🏻 i also don't like hacking cages up
Buyer beware!!! once you go big bore you never go back 🤘🤣🤣

One of the main reasons i was always gong to go with a Taylor 40, 46, or 50gt was because they use the RT990 carb instead of the bigger WJ carb

I don't like hacking bodies, minor cage mods yeah, but not the body. My 40gt fits within the body panels with a couple of mm to spare, just need to cutout the plastic within that section 👍

View attachment 79341View attachment 79342

I agree I hated hacking my body and was going to opt for the 65 with the rte setup but I got over it really fast because when it looks like this you mean business
Gotta love the torque twisting on that :love:

So you can run the RT990 with the 65 hey?
I noticed Mike has a 40gt to 55 Supreme top end kit, that might be a possibility down the track. I'll see how i find the Vekta, but a 55 Supreme 5iveT sounds like a better idea imo

https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/rcmax-supreme-top-end-kit

Its looking all sexy like👌🏻
Sexy Spongebob Squarepants GIF

🤣😝🤣

Got it all back together. Wish I had the Bonehead front shock tower to install while I did all this but I guess I have something else to look forward to when it arrives. It’s amazing how much slop was taken out of the diff when I installed the parts into the billet diff. So solid and smooth. No play at all.
3618EA44-71F4-48E2-A7B7-0953B244542F.jpeg
Its looking all sexy like👌🏻
Sexy Spongebob Squarepants GIF

haha thank you sir!
Looking good. Make sure to use Teflon tape on the shock bottoms.
Thanks! Been watching them every time I take it out and they haven’t loosened up yet but I will for sure when I have them apart.

Last edited:
What’s up everyone? Just wanted to make a post showing my new Vekta.5 and where it sits now. Mostly been posting my modifications on Instagram and then stumbled across this forum. This is my first 1/5 scale RC and when I saw the Vekta.5 I had to have it. Mods so far are ESP 34cc kit with ported head, lightweight flywheel and VRC silenced exhaust. Also did a Hitec 845 steering servo and Wheelman designz lower rear heim joints as my plastic ones ripped out on a pretty weird landing haha. Just added the Red Arrow USA body kit and painted it myself and a couple stickers. Trying to keep it clean and simple for now.

Here are some pics of the Vekta

View attachment 79200
View attachment 79201
View attachment 79202
View attachment 79203
Great Buggy.
I added the updated CVD KV6127 drive shaft, less friction between the shaft and the transmission.
All my transmission problems disappeared.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks