New Vekta owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh ok well I like to learn as much crap as possible and I am no expert or have never claimed to be.Thanks Z

I forgot how much I hate Hitec servos.I will never ever purchase one again.These things don't stop chattering even with the programmer I bought.I am kinda stuck with them being I have like 8 845's just laying here lol.

I forgot how much I hate Hitec servos.I will never ever purchase one again.These things don't stop chattering even with the programmer I bought.I am kinda stuck with them being I have like 8 845's just laying here lol.
I would sell them and get hilantronics. Maybe sell them for $10-20 less. I’m sure someone would buy them

Well I am trying to wrap things up and Port helped me out earlier with the throttle pushrod.I got that straightened out thanks buddy (y)

I started on the exhaust for the second time and it bolts up just fine but the exhaust has some serious movement and is extremely close to the sideplate.Is this normal because everything is tight and both springs are on?

Well I am trying to wrap things up and Port helped me out earlier with the throttle pushrod.I got that straightened out thanks buddy (y)

I started on the exhaust for the second time and it bolts up just fine but the exhaust has some serious movement and is extremely close to the sideplate.Is this normal because everything is tight and both springs are on?

Make sure that rubber dampening mount screws are tight. Mine had a movement like that because of that mount was loose. It still has a bit of play but it’s fine

my exhaust is also close to the side plate. Maybe put something high temp rubber in between it. Check McMastercarr

Last edited:
The exhaust I guess has that much movement.I asked in the Vekta thread on Facebook and this seems to be the norm.

I am having all kinds of weird issues with my build as of late.I am trying to get my servos working and for some strange reason something seems to be shorted out.The servos are ok and seem to move ok and so is the Rx but the Darksoul direct power harness is getting so hot I burned the crap out of my index finger.The lead coming from the battery was also super toasty.

The exhaust I guess has that much movement.I asked in the Vekta thread on Facebook and this seems to be the norm.

I am having all kinds of weird issues with my build as of late.I am trying to get my servos working and for some strange reason something seems to be shorted out.The servos are ok and seem to move ok and so is the Rx but the Darksoul direct power harness is getting so hot I burned the crap out of my index finger.The lead coming from the battery was also super toasty.
What battery are you running in it for them dual servos

Try unhooking one of the servos and see if the harness gets hot with one or the other. All the reciever should be doing is sending the signal to the servos at this point, and if that's shorted it shouldnt work at all.

Rx is fried I have another one on the way and this one is on its way back to Futaba.Today I will work on the cage a bit to get it to fit.

I am getting a bit closer but still have a little bit to go.

How is yours coming along so far Sean?
Just did my last order, few misc bits and Bob's, bar stock for new servo mount. Raining today, so no outdoor work can be done. Have to swap battery box, few other parts I've got, make servo mounts, and do the body yet. Still undecided on paint. But almost there.

Got the cage squared away just needs some minor filing to smooth out the edges.I am just waiting on the Rx and on/off switch and I should be good to go.

I just need to oil the filter toss on the outerwear and adjust the fuel misture on the two cans of fuel I ordered.I may just use it the way it is mixed for the first two tanks then switch over to 30-35/1 and see how it rips.

PXL_20210412_114213932.jpgPXL_20210412_114225474.jpgPXL_20210412_114241109.jpgPXL_20210412_114409722.jpg

Hey John do you know how to turn off the lipo cut off on that switch by any chance and do you have any pics of yours installed

I still am having the same issue when I plug in my lipo and I have tried a few the harness gets really hot.The servos are working just fine and the Rx is brand new out of the Futaba box.I tested the Darksoul direct power harness and it seems ok continuity is fine and only the right wires are carrying current when power is applied.The wires get warmer with just the battery connected but after you start pulling power to move the servos then the harness starts getting toasty.The heat begins at the lipo and travels down the harness almost like the lipo can not supply enough voltage

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks