PC/console Gaming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm real keen new assassins creed Valhalla ?
Read a review and they tested it with 2080ti the rig had all the bells n whistles and they only got 60 FPS ?
Really hate the my rig ages so fast? wondering if I'll even get 50 with my rig as it is ?
They're probably also running on 4k. Either that or Ubisoft has done yet another awful attempt at PC optimization on AC. Assassin's Creed games almost always run very low FPS compared to games that SHOULD be more intensive on the hardware. Devs doing proper optimization makes a world of difference.

Probably 4k ...?
My system has a 32 inc 2k res so hope I get 60/70 on ultra settings ??
I prefer 1440 res over 4k right now. Until 4k 120hz+ monitors become more common. Not to mention that as small as most monitors are, 4k isn't a very noticeable difference. Linus did a video about it and basically said unless you're using a monitor above this size and sitting this close to it, it's not a worthwhile upgrade. Especially when you take the performance hit into account.

TVs on the other hand I only get 4k lol.

Wanna upgrade my xbox to the new X version ?? coz I got the 4k tv ......there was talk that it could push 4k......just wondering how good?
I prefer 1440 res over 4k right now. Until 4k 120hz+ monitors become more common. Not to mention that as small as most monitors are, 4k isn't a very noticeable difference. Linus did a video about it and basically said unless you're using a monitor above this size and sitting this close to it, it's not a worthwhile upgrade. Especially when you take the performance hit into account.

TVs on the other hand I only get 4k lol.

Wanna upgrade my xbox to the new X version ?? coz I got the 4k tv ......there was talk that it could push 4k......just wondering how good?
Consoles run an upscaled 4k. Consoles have a set in stone hardware setup so the devs know exactly what they're optimizing for. Makes it a lot easier on them, they run the game and if it taxes the system to hard they tweak it until it maintains a satisfactory FPS. Also if you're thinking of getting a console the new systems are set to launch this holiday season.

Since we're talking about 4k I should mention that one of the things I read is about the new series of Nvidia cards is that they're called Ampere (possibly just a codename and could be changed at release) and that they're so powerful that they could make 4k gaming the new standard.

Wonder how long before we are pushings the systems so hard and requiring so much power for them. When you hit the power switch on them the lights dim in the house from all the power they drawing.

Wonder how long before we are pushings the systems so hard and requiring so much power for them. When you hit the power switch on them the lights dim in the house from all the power they drawing.
That’s why one of the limiting factors at the moment is how big the die is. Nvidia is rumored to be using a new 8 nm die which is hole they achieved an increase in performance while decreasing power consumption. Also why AMD is currently handing intel their ass right now when it comes to top of the line cpu. Threadripper is a monster. Intel is currently still stuck on a 10 nm die while amd is at 7 nm

I built a system a long time ago with an AMD. Never had issues with it but always kept being told Intel Intel Intel. Next one I built i never really saw any difference with Intel like they claimed. Maybe what I do but my older gaming system never gave fits and always ran stable overclocked. Thought about building a new system because so far out of loop on this stuff I would have to start at ground zero and relearn everything. Think I might just stick with my tortoise system for now and start looking.

I built a system a long time ago with an AMD. Never had issues with it but always kept being told Intel Intel Intel. Next one I built i never really saw any difference with Intel like they claimed. Maybe what I do but my older gaming system never gave fits and always ran stable overclocked. Thought about building a new system because so far out of loop on this stuff I would have to start at ground zero and relearn everything. Think I might just stick with my tortoise system for now and start looking.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

building a PC these days is so simple it's basically just a super expensive LEGO kit. That site has a compatibility filter. So once you choose a part (typically start with a CPU) it will only show you motherboards, ram, etc that is compatible with the CPU you have selected. All you have to do is send away some money and then assemble the parts.

As far as Intel vs AMD, yes in single-core performance Intel is still ahead, and even in a lot of games an Intel CPU will edge out an equal spec AMD, but it's typically by a tiny amount that is only noticeable in benchmarks. You much better off getting a somewhat decent CPU and dumping as much of your budget as possible into GPU unless you're also doing some other work that would be more intensive on CPU and has good multi-thread optimization. In those scenarios, AMD usually wins hands down.

building a PC these days is so simple it's basically just a super expensive LEGO kit. That site has a compatibility filter. So once you choose a part (typically start with a CPU) it will only show you motherboards, ram, etc that is compatible with the CPU you have selected. All you have to do is send away some money and then assemble the parts

Thats pretty much how its done? i knew very little about gaming pc's and how to build one ? did some online homework and ordered parts and spent the lions share on a graphics card (GPU) set mine up with all solid state drives and no cd ? ? loaded my window with a flash drive ? overclocked my ram cpu and gpu to the max and let rip?

I wish when I got my last lap top I optioned the ssd. Didnt went cheap and for more memory ?‍♂️ didnt know you had to buy specific CPU to be able to clock them. It's a turd slow as stupid thing. Never make that mistake again....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks