Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ,,, here goes , exocage you tube dude drilled out his pistons on his raminator ,!! I've always wanted to do it , but didn't know how big to go , now I've got a starting point , 3/32 , is what he used , I might go bigger , I've got double shocks , this is gunna be cool , obsorb instead of bounce like a beach ball , doing it today , I can feel the cusssshhh already !!
You still running springs on all 8 shocks @Relic-1 ?

Yes Mr. Dizzle , I FIGGERED you would say , to take springs out , I'm doing that also , on your recommendation ,🤣 I took my maxinator out a couple times recently , and just not working right for sure , I watched this guy's video and I'm doing this as I speak , how full were your shocks , mine were down a ways , and I have no leaking goin on I was gunna top them off , also ?

I rebuild mine once a year. The first time I opened them, out of the 8 total, had a mix of full to half full. They were not leaking, just not fully filled. I drilled all 8 pistons as well. I can't remember the size, but it was one drill bit bigger then the one that fit through the stock hole. I fill my shocks full with Team Associated 10wt shock oil and set the rebound to about 1/2. Running that set up with 4 shocks as true shocks with springs and the other four as just dampeners, I am very happy with its set up and response. It has a tad of bounce still, emulates a real monster truck, but doesn't have the old school 80s and 90s bounce the Tamiya Clodbusters and Lunchboxes have. Absorbs jumps well and has just enough body roll off center that it takes corners well. All be it..I am on a stock engine not a Taylor RC beast like you guys lol!
Oh yes, and no preload on the springs with the preload collars. Mine are set all the way to the top.

Can't wait till the weekend , I'm taking it out today , I've got a big pile of cleanup stuff I need to burn on our track area , soooo ,,,,, tired of driving around it and a blind spot on the track cuz it's that tall , cost me another bend back session with that stupid nudge bar , don't waste your money , the thing bends if I hit full throttle 😂🤣😡😡😡

I drilled out my pistons right after I got the truck after seeing how stiff the suspension was
It makes a huge difference and you wont bend the shock shafts as easy :)
You could use a thinner oil to achieve the same result but I don't know how thick the stock stuff is and its easier/cheaper to just drill out the pistons
I am dreading the day i have to replace the oil in these shocks Its prob gonna need 20 bottles of shock oil lol

I drilled out my pistons right after I got the truck after seeing how stiff the suspension was
It makes a huge difference and you wont bend the shock shafts as easy :)
You could use a thinner oil to achieve the same result but I don't know how thick the stock stuff is and its easier/cheaper to just drill out the pistons
I am dreading the day i have to replace the oil in these shocks Its prob gonna need 20 bottles of shock oil lol
When I redid all 8 of my shocks, cleaned each one and checked each one for issues, replaced all the oil, I bought 8 bottles and ended up with 1 bottle left. So 7 bottles did the trick with eight shocks for full oil replacement. I would still order 8 just incase you spill some...don't wanna be waiting for more lol.

Hey Relic, I've seen quite a few guys running those wheels/tires on a bunch of different vehicles and for the life of me i can't figure out what the deal is with them
There's like no tire it's all rim with a tire "skin". Tires are designed to absorb shock and make the vehicle ride better
Are they only good for high speed runs on grass or something?
I guess they wont balloon like a normal tire will
Doing jumps and stuff would be more taxing on the suspension that's for sure
Hopefully someone can educate me on those things lol

Yeah they are definitely different when it comes to the "looks" department
They remind me of something you would see on a mad maxx vehicle!
One day i will have to try out a set and see

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks