Refreshing and rebuilding my Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That dragster ,it looks like it has open gears ,a pebble could had jammed them at high speed!

I had that happen on my nitro basher truck but was not a gear ,it was a 40 dollar MIP Super duty axle ,a rock got
wedged in between the spoke of the wheel an wheel hub ,the truck went from full WOT to a dead stop an snapped
the bone cup where the pin goes in at ,I was pissed because they are expensive an hard to find parts!

That dragster ,it looks like it has open gears ,a pebble could had jammed them at high speed!

I had that happen on my nitro basher truck but was not a gear ,it was a 40 dollar MIP Super duty axle ,a rock got
wedged in between the spoke of the wheel an wheel hub ,the truck went from full WOT to a dead stop an snapped
the bone cup where the pin goes in at ,I was pissed because they are expensive an hard to find parts!
The spur and pinion were open, by but those aren't what broke . The transmission gears and outdrives are what broke

I can see that happening especially if the rock fell between the 2 speed gears. Which I’m sure there probably running for drag racing.

That street drag racing does wicked things to the drive train ,when I run my nitro truck out in the street goofin off an
getting wild with the donuts an on & off throttle it puts a strain on the running gear ,I always make sure that I adjust
my slipper clutch a little on the loose side ,however ,there is none on 5th scale that I am aware of!

Thought there was one for the baja at one point
DCB0BD5A-E9EC-476A-A428-A49154733281.png
i went ahead and order all 3 only because I can see my self doing a Rcmaxx motor in the future.
Parts a trickling in must say this is a nice peace20200811_162416.jpg

Attachments

• 450D23E0-89F7-46C1-B2EE-6EBB612E544E.png
    450D23E0-89F7-46C1-B2EE-6EBB612E544E.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
That street drag racing does wicked things to the drive train ,when I run my nitro truck out in the street goofin off an
getting wild with the donuts an on & off throttle it puts a strain on the running gear ,I always make sure that I adjust
my slipper clutch a little on the loose side ,however ,there is none on 5th scale that I am aware of!
My Vekta has a slipper

W
Good score,, but it says it in the description.
I didn’t even notice that, guess that’s on me.
just waiting on motor to get here and I will start tearing this apart. Considering a new pipe but I will wait and see how it is first. the gear carrier was the second mistake I made this week , I guess I better slow my roll and take my time.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks