Refreshing and rebuilding my Baja SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. I went to my LHS, Hobby Works, and walked around looking for anything that might interest me and couldnt find anything?? 1 dbxl in the front display case, several qts of nitro fuel, and a plethora of traxxas and arrma. The hobby has gotten lazy? Ewords are for the lazy. The reason I bought my xmaxx was for when I'm feeling lazy?Anyone can buy a motor and esc combo and run. Only a select few can tune an engine, whether large scale or nitro.

Around here we got a few hobby stores , have not check them all out cuz I think most of them are for planes and model building stuff. Only RC car stores there are round here are hobby towns, and they are feking LAME ??? don't have anything nitro, or 1/5. Back in like 2016 I used to go to a hobby town in Texas, they had a 5ive T on display and a bit of nitro, but as the years went by there was less and less nitro and gas there,the last time I went to that hobby store there was no gas and 2 bottles of Traxxas nitro fuel ? . I don't even bother with the LHS unless I need something very universal (like a servo, even then I had to drive 45 mins ?) .

Same here. I went to my LHS, Hobby Works, and walked around looking for anything that might interest me and couldnt find anything?? 1 dbxl in the front display case, several qts of nitro fuel, and a plethora of traxxas and arrma. The hobby has gotten lazy? Ewords are for the lazy. The reason I bought my xmaxx was for when I'm feeling lazy?Anyone can buy a motor and esc combo and run. Only a select few can tune an engine, whether large scale or nitro.

Yea an it is funnier as hell when that stuff starts breaking ,they all start whining that it burned up or how come my E buggy wont go forward!....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOL....Is it possible to build a working buggy with out buying a complete RTR or a roller ,all you need to build one is a chassy
because the rest would be all upgrades an hop-up parts!.....:unsure:..........:giggle:............:love:
I don’t really see the point of buying a roller unless your buying minimal upgrades. But if your going all out just buy the upgrades.
To make the Baja wider is the aluminum arms the only option or extended adapters? Or do they make extended plastic or nylon arms

Last edited:
The one inch clip less rovan extenders are legit! There’s no reason to extend arms. I haven’t noticed any premature bearing wear. I used these on my HPI rig. Only thing on it that’s not Hpi. Highly recommended.
https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rv85180s
On another note, buy the rovan clipless extenders, get a set of team fast eddy wheel bearings for spares. Much cheaper than extended arms and extended drive bones. Don’t look back...

Last edited:
The one inch clip less rovan extenders are legit! There’s no reason to extend arms. I haven’t noticed any premature bearing wear. I used these on my HPI rig. Only thing on it that’s not Hpi. Highly recommended.
https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rv85180s
On another note, buy the rovan clipless extenders, get a set of team fast eddy wheel bearings for spares. Much cheaper than extended arms and extended drive bones. Don’t look back...

Yeah, I've been running Dark Soul extenders since 2009 without any issues. I just replaced the rear hub bearings this month when I replaced my carriers as a bit of upkeep. I can still flip it on grass, but it's a lot more predictable and stable.

As I understand it, running much wider with extended axles can put a lot more strain on the wheel bearings and messes with suspension geometry/handling; not an issue if you're just bashing. But I can't speak from personal experience. Could be the bearings will last 5 years instead of 6. ?‍♂️

Well I decided I’m going to do a hybrid when my obr reed comes I’m going to drop it on the Baja the way it is. Save all the diff stuff i bought for my hybrid and buy all the other pieces in mean time till rcmaxx is back in stock. i still have like 2 more week wait time till motor gets here. Have a few things I’m going to sell In the mean time

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks