Reps 5t 2.0 v2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I considered it but I was worried about the way it cantilevers off the front and would stress the carb bolts/interface in bad wrecks. Our little track we made has a pretty gnarly jump if you don’t hit it right, our rigs regularly go end over end a couple of times an outing.

Been running the Taylor intake for about two months on one rig an so far it has held up well with no issues. It’s been subjected to some major carnage!🤣

If you got the extra coin to do it go for the conversion they are sick! A guy here has a few of them and they are crazy fast but he has to baby them a bit and blows foams outta tires :ROFLMAO:

Rep can I ask why you don't use the stock foam losi filter??
Is the TR housing meant to be an upgrade or does it just reposition the air filter??

I ask as the round 30degrees north one I use works well, you may recall I grease the foam where it contacts the plastic housing + use outerwear.

@KevTrem good question, so the TR housing can be viewed as an upgrade but to me it's just a filter relocation piece. The stock 2.0 air box has 2 square foam elements that just wrap around in the middle of the housing and you can take a screw driver and push past both and expose the intake of the carb. they are just a slip fit over each other with no real way to keep them being secure. I did run it on my 1st 2.0 and the outter started to shift and expose the main element so it made me worried.

I'm really curious as what one did it if it was the housing or filter. But I did hook the filter to a shop vac and dumped sand all over it and nothing really made it in that I could see.

Ah, that's what's different between the 30d filter and the losi filter.
The 30d one is more like a bowl, single sided opening then the outer foam fits over that.
Pretty much same as baja filter.

I wonder if its the TR housing flexing slightly when your running allowing a little dirt in.
Think your gonna need to test with shop vac, filter papers and some dust from where you last ran. See if you can replicate what's happened.

@KevTrem I agree 100% and yea I thought I had it this time. Like I said the TR filter housing was the constant between 2 engines ingesting dust.
It's a shame and cost you two engines but you'll be able to get couple cheap ish short blocks and rebuild cheaper than full new units.
For now I would leave the tr intakes off and see how you get on with fresh builds.

I'm kind of over dusting motors to, I've tried a few different setups. Dusted the first motor with the stock Losi V1 setup and a outer wear. Went to the the 3 stage DT1 setup for the stock filter housing and a outer ware, dusted #2 a little. Went to a crazy stu with the 3 stage cone shaped DT1 and outer wear. Dusted the 3rd motor slightly just the other weekend and this time it was a Bart 32 reed. Only thing I found to absolutely work 100% is the change the filter every tank of gas and sometimes even twice. I'm in Northern Nevada and it's just pretty much bug dust everywhere. This weekend the small amount of dirt it got must have taken it's toll the rod bearing said later. I'm about to the point of going E-to, i'm at 5500ft and these motors just don't have much power at this elevation. Considered trying the TRC35 it looks like a nice motor but that new Hobbywing max4 with the HW 70125 motor is tempting, no HP loss with elevation with that setup . Been looking at the MGM and Lehner motors to but just a little out there for money.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks