Reps 5t 2.0 v2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks minty fresh! 😎 Screw that TR intake and eliminate it as a variable!

Me and buddy I run with run in some pretty dusty stuff. It does make me nervous, especially seeing what you’ve went through but haven’t had any issues. 3 outta our 4 rigs are just running stock air filters. Both of us are using Maxima oil on our filters.

I’m going to do something different that tr intake makes me nervous. I looked at your pics. That’s where the dust was coming in. That’s a design flaw with the product.
Nice rebuild!
https://www.rovansports.nl/en/fidracing-losi-5ive-t-0-90adjustable-air-filter.html

Something like this?
Or maybe the crazy stu? I like the hpi filters. I have lots of them and they have never let me down.

I just hate to see distruction like this!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I see the same flaw tho in the rovan intake and that it's 2 piece with a o-ring. So I took some extra time this go around and I used the same case sealant that's used for the transfer port covers. I put a small bead around the entire cover along with leaving the o-ring there to make sure It cannot open up at any point. Looking back I did see I pinched the o-ring in 2 spots that were about 5mm long so I could have sucked it in there. Also the conditions I ran in where to the point that the rigs were completely lost in the dust storm. I'm ok with grass running this as the x-maxx has now taken the spot for super dusty conditions and beach runs now. Here's it is pretty much ready, I just need to put the center diff brace on and install the chassis side guards and im done20220911_205248.jpg

Thanks guys, I see the same flaw tho in the rovan intake and that it's 2 piece with a o-ring. So I took some extra time this go around and I used the same case sealant that's used for the transfer port covers. I put a small bead around the entire cover along with leaving the o-ring there to make sure It cannot open up at any point. Looking back I did see I pinched the o-ring in 2 spots that were about 5mm long so I could have sucked it in there. Also the conditions I ran in where to the point that the rigs were completely lost in the dust storm. I'm ok with grass running this as the x-maxx has now taken the spot for super dusty conditions and beach runs now. Here's it is pretty much ready, I just need to put the center diff brace on and install the chassis side guards and im doneView attachment 83563

That pipe has some super nice colors. 👌 rig looks perfect.

Your ddm cap, did you use the factory cap guts as well as the o-ring in it or just the o-ring

Thanks John, I take extra care to make sure that pipe keeps rust off it as well. As for the cap I just used the o-ring it came with, I did try to put the guts of the old cap in but it would not fit right.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks