Reps 5t 2.0 v2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought i would chime in, in regards to the TR airbox. The Taylor intake is a very good option. Very light, gets the filter up in the cold air away from the cage, and doesn't restrict air flow in any way. The TR box is shite, it's heavy, and places stress on the carby and manifold, there's so much weight hanging off the carby. Still haven't worked out why people run it tbh

https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/rcmax-billet-clamp-on-intake

Last edited:
Thought i would chime in, in regards to the TR airbox. The Taylor intake is a very good option. Very light, gets the filter up in the cold air away from the cage, and doesn't restrict air flow in any way. The TR box is shite, it's heavy, and places stress on the carby and manifold, there's so much weight hanging off the carby. Still haven't worked out why people run it tbh

https://www.taylorrc.co.uk/product-page/rcmax-billet-clamp-on-intake
personally would say the only reason people run it is because it relocates the filter into a pretty damn good place and requires no cutting of the cage compared to the crazy stu intake
Taylor intake doesn’t require any trimming or cutting.
The tr intake is a sexy piece though. 97919563-5C0C-457C-A920-8E0630236BEB.jpeg10DDA932-FA87-4103-91A6-7AC0049172B0.jpeg

As @gavsta72 mentioned it doesn’t cantilever off the carb, so it doesn’t stress the carb bolts. My 💩 endo’s crashes and rolls often, so I didn’t want to put undue load on the bolts.

Super easy to install an Outerwear’s on the filter as well. I run in some pretty dusty and sandy areas depending on how dry the weather is. Haven’t had any issues.

Here it is ready to go. It's lowered in the rear using front shocks and some other odds and ends for the road. It doesn't bottom out at all and i took a corner into the cul-de-sac at maybe 35-40 and it just hooked and didn't spin out. To boot it still has the center and rear lockers but ill be switching them out as if you get back on the throttle hard it does start to slide but i expected that just wanted a base line.20230102_165007.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is ready to go. It's lowered in the rear using front shocks and some other odds and ends for the road. It doesn't bottom out at all and i took a corner into the cul-de-sac at maybe 35-40 and it just hooked and didn't spin out. To boot it still has the center and rear lockers but ill be switching them out as if you get back on the throttle hard it does start to slide but i expected that just wanted a base line.View attachment 84855
Lookin good!

Couple suggestions.... The MOD limiting straps (any for that matter I guess) really helped keep the truck level and planted. I'd have to check my preload but I got it so the front wheels won't lift off the ground in turns. Both front and rear a-arms are level with the chassis.

I held those SuperGrips the other day and boy they are heavy. Your next set give these Bandito's a try 👍

https://www.ddmracing.com/Bandito-DTXC5030-1-5-SC-Sport-Mounted-Black-Tires-2

Thanks for the tips @MonsterAir I went with gold springs in the front and ddm 14.2lb in the rear with 30wt on all 4 the suspension works very well and I was going for a static drop without needing the limiting straps as I felt the straps would be pre loading the suspension hence why i literally put new front take offs on the rear to give me that drop. The suspension rolls as anticipated and im pretty happy with it.

Are the bandito tires grippy? I've seen them in person and I wasn't to keen on them.

I'm running the Losi orange springs front and back w/ 45wt oil all around which I would go heavier if I didn't bounce back and forth between offroad. Sway bars I haven't played around with but think I have the Losi 2.3mm frnt/back.

I don't like the idea of droop screws so I don't use them. Too much damage. I'll have to take a look at your front take offs. Just want to make sure that inside front tire stays down. Get's hard to straighten it up coming out of a turn when the inside tire gets light.

Diffs are 60k 1mil 30k. 1mil is waay to heavy and I think causes a push. 500k is what I'm trying next.

The Bandito's if I remember right are a little harder than the street sweepers and the supergrips but held up longer were lighter and made the truck more responsive. A couple of us started using them towards the end of the fall. Best option would be MCD tires I think but I haven't tried fitting them yet. misterleon has a set of off roads for me to try on so I'll let ya know how they fit.

Another thing I want to point out is how big of a deal a good servo is. You won't notice until you are running with others that have something beefy inside. Here's a good video to show for example. Rob's running a Spektrum S9120BL in his W5 the 5B has dual 845's, idk what the XR5 runs but he's on another level with that thing and I'm running a cheap $60 RCJuice servo.

Notice how wide I'm running into every turn vs them. This cheap servo just pushes me to the outside.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks