spents vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thought it was about time i fitted these,
the mid and rear vertigo quick release doodads for the vekta (y),

the mids will fit no probs, but the rears are gonna need a notch on the mounts so the r clips will go through,
or maybe i'm missing sommat :LOL:,
they are well made though, not sure if there worth the cost, but much better for cage removal than being bolted on (y)

Hey Paul what do you think of that setup? I didn't wanna go that way because I felt it would feel flimsy and rather the cage bolted on
i think its gonna be stronger than bolted on tbh ryan (y), or just as strong at the very least,
pins are steel, mid ones are like smaller pin to locate then larger pin with the r clip through , thats stronger than the screw setup,
the rears are gonna be at least as strong as the bolts through there, they keep the metal threaded insert etc,
gonna be much much easier to get the cage off (y)(y):D

Thanks guys glad to hear it's sturdy im gunna grab them because the cage is a pita when it's bolted up
yeh i was a bit sceptical at first cos i thought they were a tad over priced ryan, but now i've fitted em there well worth it (y) ,
just make sure you order the right ones as well ryan, theres a difference between the vekta and the tt versions (y)

I think they are the same. Just ones labeled more pricey with tethers. The rear comes with new bits screws tethers and pins attached. I never added the side being I'm running the big bore. But it certainly wouldn't hurt

I think they are the same. Just ones labeled more pricey with tethers. The rear comes with new bits screws tethers and pins attached. I never added the side being I'm running the big bore. But it certainly wouldn't hurt
just had another look on taylor rc site port (y),
vekta side ones have small pin for locator fixed to chassis bracket and large pin fixed to cage, and r clip through large oin only,
tt version has two pins fixed at chassis bracket and a long r clip through both pins,

rears are almost the same , only difference is the vekta has tether to cage hole and the tt has tether to back of the metal cage insert (y),

finally back at some rc stuff, poor vekta has been stored in a shed all winter and just got it back into my workshop today, (it was stored cos had 1;1 car in workshop all winter for rust repairs etc)
anyways its quite clean considering (y),i might finally get the panels painted or wrapped as well :LOL:,

it just has a few bits of surface rust here and there, bolts etc,
but surface rust on the pipe which will soon clean off (y),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks