DBXL Tear the ole girl down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So gonna place another order with DDM (I'm sure they are sick of shipping two packages a week to me) gotta get circlips, a spiral diaphram for the carb, spare clutch, and either the DDM, bartolone, or macgyver clutch/flywheel tool. Leaning toward the DDM or macgyver any thoughts?
Trying to get up to the free shipping mark

So gonna place another order with DDM (I'm sure they are sick of shipping two packages a week to me) gotta get circlips, a spiral diaphram for the carb, spare clutch, and either the DDM, bartolone, or macgyver clutch/flywheel tool. Leaning toward the DDM or macgyver any thoughts?
Trying to get up to the free shipping mark
Make ur own flywheel tool if you don't have to buy meterial, but if you have to buy meterial then just get the ddm

I allready have a flywheel puller that works fine. Just thought it would be nice to have something a little more specific to this engine to use as a holder for swapping clutches
Got some more parts. And a pic of my work bench to make Z feel better about his messy bench ?

Attachments

• 20190715_212725.jpg
    20190715_212725.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190715_212721.jpg
    20190715_212721.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Iv been thinking about my flywheel puller to double up as a clutch tool ? Like have it screwed onto the flywheel and put a wrench on it (use it like a big nut) to hold the crank while you loosen the clutch ? Not sure if it would work but I'll give it a go. All this instead of using piston stop,
Ps I do have a piston stop ??

Had to work late didnt have any time to mess with the dbxl or my engine. Neither will I be able to get to it tomorrow either as my dad broke his tractor ? again and I have to run over and get it going for him ?again.... But I have some food for thought This link is a great resource for porting 2 strokes. It has a lot of links (and they sell high end porting tools) there are a couple nice vids at the bottom of the page.
http://www.ccspecialtytool.com/2-stroke-porting-and-polishing-tips-tj-p/2strokeportingguide.htm

Had to work late didnt have any time to mess with the dbxl or my engine. Neither will I be able to get to it tomorrow either as my dad broke his tractor ? again and I have to run over and get it going for him ?again.... But I have some food for thought This link is a great resource for porting 2 strokes. It has a lot of links (and they sell high end porting tools) there are a couple nice vids at the bottom of the page.
http://www.ccspecialtytool.com/2-stroke-porting-and-polishing-tips-tj-p/2strokeportingguide.htm
Now that ill have my zen 32 as a spare maybe ill give it a porting job? when i run out of stuff to do on my hpi??

So I got all the rest of my stuff in the mail today. Piston, ring, circlips, spare clutch, and case gaskets and the spiral diaphram for the carb. Hoping Sunday I'll get a little time to mess with it again. Must admit I keep thinking it's funny that all the genuine zenoah parts say husqvarna on them as I'm a major husqy chain saw fan..... really makes me wonder if a bigger top end could be swapped on ?

Attachments

• 15635900787645001091154238413168.jpg
    15635900787645001091154238413168.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 3
So I got all the rest of my stuff in the mail today. Piston, ring, circlips, spare clutch, and case gaskets and the spiral diaphram for the carb. Hoping Sunday I'll get a little time to mess with it again. Must admit I keep thinking it's funny that all the genuine zenoah parts say husqvarna on them as I'm a major husqy chain saw fan..... really makes me wonder if a bigger top end could be swapped on ?
Nice ? that's interesting, i think you probably could as long as the stroke isn't too far off and the bolt pattern for the head is the same, and you would likely have to mod the case to flow enough and for the bigger bore and stroke to fit (like i did, just I didn't need to "adjust" for bore as my case is meant for a 70cc head)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks