The $350 reedcase engine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well this is a DIY low cost DYNO so ???? or send me the motor , BTW WHY would a 30k$ mill used be $28k ??? WTH
They don't loose their value because of how hard they are to obtain. How expensive it is to move and whether or not you need immediate uptime. Im not in a hurry to make product, I wanna get it right so I won't buy one in a hurry.

They don't loose their value because of how hard they are to obtain. How expensive it is to move and whether or not you need immediate uptime. Im not in a hurry to make product, I wanna get it right so I won't buy one in a hurry.
ya moving a mill is not gonna be cheap ! look into the DYNO thread I will be posting an update soon , you can make the alum. parts yourself so those will be cheap !!

ya moving a mill is not gonna be cheap ! look into the DYNO thread I will be posting an update soon , you can make the alum. parts yourself so those will be cheap !!
Yep. I would hate to further derail this thread but if I wasn't in the middle of moving I would have taken a loan out after doing a Kickstarter or something. Im really seriously thinking about going at this full force. I can even do porting on Rovan top ends for pennies.

Just a thought, your window should have been closer to the crown, this would allow any trapped mix out, helping to keep the crown cooler. I cant tell from the picture but did you run a flat roof on the boost port, or handle it toward the plug?

Just a thought, your window should have been closer to the crown, this would allow any trapped mix out, helping to keep the crown cooler. I cant tell from the picture but did you run a flat roof on the boost port, or handle it toward the plug?
I actually forgot about that. Good thing its only a Rofun tester. I didn't angle it because I didn't care that much for this head. I expected this motor to grenade with such a thin squishband.

I actually forgot about that. Good thing its only a Rofun tester. I didn't angle it because I didn't care that much for this head. I expected this motor to grenade with such a thin squishband.
I was just reading an article about 2 strokes in long range drones, and how the angled boost port roof, coupled with a high piston window yielded best results at cruising speeds. Made sense, they don't run the rpm we do, but claimed the angled boost port made a swirl in the cylinder that helped expel burnt gases amd trap the incoming charge. They didnt mention and angles for the roof, but it made sense to me, what they were saying.

Ok so I just had a conversation with someone who ports engines and he said I shouldn't window my pistons but wouldn't explain why I shouldn't do it. Im almost 100% certain you need to window the piston inorder to gain rpm "and I can see how it would effect torque" however it didn't satisfy my curiosity of finding out why I shouldn't window the piston. Anyone who has knowledge care to elaborate? I'm going to do the next head this week and I want this to be the final version.

So I milled out a much fatter 5th port today. I went basically as big as I could go without compromising the integrity of the lower portion of the top end. "Sorry no photos". And I think I did something. I THOUGHT this engine sounded like a monster last time however I think now I unleashed the hidden beast.

Probably will be the last update for a while so enjoy!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LNZvHgaAEFuN3D3T6

Boy id love to see this in an RC. I think I'll break this in with the Rofun top end and keep the Rovan on standby.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks