The $350 reedcase engine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X2??‍♂️?? nope go back to begin do not collect 200?‍♂️
200.gif

Please expand on that thought. What's it rubbing on that would break it in half and not make a terrible noise?
Its subtle its only an issue when it heats up. I got a new flywheel on the way to see whether or not its a cheap fly wheel issue or a crank issue. Compared this crank to my stock one I noticed the key is farther in.

Well no running video today. Heres a short vid of the compression snap. Its so hard it feels like a nitro engine. This gonna be a torquey sob https://photos.app.goo.gl/92c6eisfsy9KoWbw9

Last edited:
Its subtle its only an issue when it heats up. I got a new flywheel on the way to see whether or not its a cheap fly wheel issue or a crank issue. Compared this crank to my stock one I noticed the key is farther in.

Well no running video today. Heres a short vid of the compression snap. Its so hard it feels like a nitro engine. This gonna be a torquey sob https://photos.app.goo.gl/92c6eisfsy9KoWbw9
Set up a dial indicator and check your crank run out. The key really doesn't matter, the taper is what sets depth and keeps the flywheel on, the key is just for timing. Now if the taper is wrong on either the crank or flywheel then that will give you stand off issues.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iYhuEYbAVppZBAR49

Need a bit of help with this one. My engine can't get enough air/fuel mixture to maximize its power at idle. Whats bigger then a 1107?
the way i see it trooper, can you modify the idle screw or the plate on the end of the throttle shaft so you can get the butterfly open more at idle?
what i mean is so you have more adjustment for idle, the walbro carbs aint the best for the amount of idle adjustment ya can get anyways,
would save you money in the long run and still use the 1107,
just my thoughts mate (y)

i don't understand how you are maxing out the 1107 though. on the 40gt and 46, i think even the 50-55 rcmaxes, they use 1107 without issues
Idk either however you can hear that motorcycle type of pop and whine once I give her more air and fuel. It definitely needs a modification somehow or a carb change.

*edit* actually I could probably 3d print some idle shims!!

i don't understand how you are maxing out the 1107 though. on the 40gt and 46, i think even the 50-55 rcmaxes, they use 1107 without issues
ijust looked and the 40gt comes with a fully modded roostertail 990 z zee zed,
and the 55 is either the roostertail or the wj71 (y),
although looking at description etc you can buy a carbless 45gt and use carb of choice,

The 1107 is rated up to 50cc engines. There are few things to be done to get more fuel to them, but that also makes them more sensitive to idle settings. The rooster tail is bored out, and has a few other little things done to it in the metering circuit. Idk what specifically, but fro. the cryptic conversation I had with them about it, that's what I got out of them. Any of the larger wt series would work fine. The wj series had smaller bore carbs, but are a pain to find. The wj71 is common in large scale flight, I think that's half the reason we see it so much in 1/5 rc. I'd have to check numbers to be sure but I think a wt199 would work nicely. May be a bit over kill, use it on 50-60cc. 50cc only of ported in saw land.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks