Time To Get The Baja Race Ready!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I bumped up to 60k and wow I can drive it now! Gonna stick with the 60k for now and put a heavier clutch spring in to help slide the ass around on them tight turns we're working with here. Yesterday when I was running the 5k a small throttle blip would get it sliding to help navigate the turns but today I was pushing a bit and not getting good wheel spin with the 6k spring I've got in there now. Also ran the Mad Max pin tires today vs the trenchers. So much more grip, everyone who is running them down here is liking them a lot.

Finally I'm getting to the point where I'm happy with the way the truck is handling. Suspension may need to come up a bit in the front and the clutch needs more snap but now I can start working on getting my skillz up to par.

And for all you nay sayers on dem front brakes.... Let me tell you, when coming in hot all ya gotta do is tap the brakes quick and turn, the damn thing will hook and go where ever ya want it being all that weight gets pushed up front. Idk nothing about 4wd but 2wd they work a dream!
Nice the Baja looked like a bit of a nightmare on Saturday. Glad your getting it sorted

Quick update....She's slowly but surely coming along. Got a TR quick diff and some fast eddy shock bleeder caps for the rear. Also got a genuine HPI shock parts kit so minus the shafts I'm rdy for a break down.

Sometime soonish I'm gonna get another alloy diff so I can play around with fluid weights. Considering Rpm front arms cause them km/rovan ball ends suck big Buffalo d***. Too much play but does it really matter that much? Idk I'm torn on spending for them at moment

IMG_20210422_162435284_HDR.jpgIMG_20210422_162240043.jpg

Was kinda uneventful. Tried to go wide around a rut in the track and smacked a telephone pole they use as track barrier. I think it may have had a stress crack in it from bashing because it didn't hit it all that hard :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Ordering the Scorpion solid chassis and stiffener plate unless anyone has a suggestion for me. (y)

I just ordered both and a TR HD top plate. Didn't so much want to order the top plate as the one I have isn't bent (I don't think) and I'm gonna have to mod it to fit the 845 but I figure for best rigidity top and bottom stiffeners were called for.

Got my scorpion chassis in last week and ad usual waited til the last minute to swap everything. Track day tomorrow and I gots lots to do before then.

Pulled the old plastic trans case and swapped the tr quick diff case in. There was a bit of play in the trans gears. Like 2mm of side to side play, anyone else notice this on theirs? Also the screws that came with (longer ones) don't go all the way through the threads in case.

IMG_20210520_123112324_HDR.jpgIMG_20210521_111502562_HDR.jpgIMG_20210521_111520143.jpg

Also noticed my FLM dogbone pins aren't holding up well. They have begun to get flat spots on the sides that grab the cups. IDK say 2-3 weekends at the track with some parking lot running on them. Had one bad lawn dart and hit a pole, idk if that helped flatted them out or not.

IMG_20210520_115802665.jpgIMG_20210520_115655478.jpgIMG_20210520_115816853.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210520_123112324_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210520_123112324_HDR.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks