TLR 5b basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you worked out the battery, you were getting some great top end rap out of that motor!

I'm willing to bet that the broken shaft was due toe the over extension of the suspension during the big roll. This is the reason to build some suspension limit cables. I think we need to mount a campaign to get Killer RC to start making them again for all our models.

That being said, it was a helluva nice run mate!

Was going like a bomb?
Yip the big flip landed on two wheels on the left side? deffnattly broke the shaft?‍♂️ losi has built in limiters in the arms like so???20200724_180251.jpg
Just tride to drill a hole in the shaft? drill did almost nothing ??‍♂️ as luck would have it there was just enough to grab the bit with pliers ??20200724_180106.jpg
Once you worked out the battery, you were getting some great top end rap out of that motor!

I'm willing to bet that the broken shaft was due toe the over extension of the suspension during the big roll. This is the reason to build some suspension limit cables. I think we need to mount a campaign to get Killer RC to start making them again for all our models.

That being said, it was a helluva nice run mate!

Last edited:
The Losi limiters aren't quite robust enough to handle such a violent roll. They're designed to keep the shocks from overextending in a track situation, like a controlled jump. They're just PEM nuts that strike the chassis at the bottom most point of the arm where it hinges to the chassis and drive train. The arms can still flex well below that point in a roll, especially with the shock springs providing more uninhibited down force at the end of the arm.

Limiting straps are mounted to the at least the middle of the suspension arms and the shock tower to overcome any flex from the arm and ensure that the shock shaft will never over extend.

This is why you see suspension straps on full sized UHVs. The limiter "studs" just don't work in a high stress scenario.

Straps deffnattly won't hurt??? but ill make my own with dog collars/leeds??
The Losi limiters aren't quite robust enough to handle such a violent roll. They're designed to keep the shocks from overextending in a track situation, like a controlled jump. They're just PEM nuts that strike the chassis at the bottom most point of the arm where it hinges to the chassis and drive train. The arms can still flex well below that point in a roll, especially with the shock springs providing more uninhibited down force at the end of the arm.

Limiting straps are mounted to the at least the middle of the suspension arms and the shock tower to overcome any flex from the arm and ensure that the shock shaft will never over extend.

This is why you see suspension straps on full sized UHVs. The limiter "studs" just don't work in a high stress scenario.

ds

Awesome run Doug!...(y)

Those rec. connectors are easy to fix ,that is a little tab in on the brass part that isnt catching onto the plastic
inside ,I had to fix them before!...:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks