1/8 scale HPI Savage SC 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baja trans fits decent. Had to give up some ground clearance but I can deal with it. Just roughed in so nothing is finished yet. Main focus was just getting it mounted and square with the motor. Everything will be torn down and painted eventually.

20210302_175326.jpg
20210302_175313.jpg

You need something to support the layshaft ,it's gunna destroy the case and gears that way
Agreed. I have the bearing support that came with the brake assembly, just need to install it.
Also that rear drive shaft angle is gunna chew up the shaft pins or the drive cup
Definitely a wear item, how long they last is TBD. Picture makes it look worse than what it is. The front shaft may be a different story.

Last edited:
Um my 5ive t 2.0 is at factory angles for the front drive shaft and the pin is being chewed up due to the geometry. So no its going to be a wear item indefinitely for you
Yeah, I totally agree. How long they last is TBD, mostly has to do with driving style. Easy to replace though, especially the Savage drive cups.

In what trim sean? Single,ex cab,crew cab? 4x4 or 2wd? My international 4700 had a gvw of 36k lbs and it was crew cab 2wd with a double frame

Last edited:
This thread just gets better every time I pop in. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Z you have some true competition here . This is right there with your Big Bore Franken motor you tried to build from scratch. And Brokestroke is just as stubborn as you. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nah mine was way cleaner, atleast it wasn't booger welded together with rust everywhere ? atleast it was built with good part. And i wasn't claiming it was something it wasn't (like op trying to pass it off as a 1/5 ??

Last edited:
In what trim sean? Single,ex cab,crew cab? 4x4 or 2wd? My international 4700 had a gvw of 36k lbs and it was crew cab 2wd with a double frame
2wd single axle std cab, air ride 196"wb.
Could get it bumped to a max of 26500, but that was cdl, and air brakes. Biggest factory non cdl truck ford offered with hydro brakes. so most were sold at the lower gvw. F800 went up a lot higher. Think 39k or 42k cant remember off the top of my head. The 700 wasnt really considered a heavy duty, more so a medium duty truck. don't know how they go nowadays. But I would assume about the same.
The 4700 had a lot of different models and weights options, but still had the little frame and offered the dt466e as std engine. Decent trucks.
Now if we jump up to the f650/750 your in a different class of truck, thays rated for much higher gvw depending on model and options.

Last edited:
Here's a plot twist sean.. it was a 9.0 liter v8 n/a air brake/ air ride rear with 36k lbs gvw? dmv wouldn't let me go lower after they ran the vin
Fek that, bet it was a gas hog! We can get the gvw lowered to a certain extent here, just need an enhanced inspection and a bit of paper work. Air brake muddy the water to an extent, but that's just an issue of a license endorsement for the driver, and dot physical normally. You know standard dumbfuckary stuff we do in Pa.

The truck is a Michigan spec air brake 12k front 24k rear F700. I don't write the specs but it went 526k miles plated at 36k. :whistle: It was a lumber truck.

Michigan isnt PA

Last edited:
Log or like a home depot truck delivering to the end consumer? Kinda alot to be asking of that type of chassis honestly usually lumber trucks around here are tandems and heavier spec than that and with a mofet on the back or a knuckle boom

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks