1/8 scale HPI Savage SC 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little poop is proving to be tougher than I thought it would be. Have just about 2.5 gallons through it (around 13 tanks iirc) driving like a maniac. Think I am getting a good handle on how it likes to be tuned. A couple of broken arms and the clutch bell support bearing had to be replaced. Other than that it has been solid.

Video of it running. I think ive got it tuned pretty well, sounds crisp with no gargling or cutting out.

Glad it worked for u, but u need 1:1 gearing, it tops out way to fast and you are overrevving
Well I thought about the 1:1 gearing for a while but decided against it. Instead I went with 30-44 from Blackbone. Detroit didnt have 1:1 and didnt want to order from across the pond. Also went with the Blackbone clutch bell. The clutch bell had to be turned down to fit into the stock bearing support. The spur also needed an extra washer to take up some space in the lay shaft. According to the mph calculator its running right around 32mph. It doesn't high max rpm from a stop anymore but has plenty of low end. Have just about 3 gallons through it and the rovan is still running good. The muffler I was running lost some bolts and stripped out the head. So I tapped it for 1/4-20 and have been running a custom 1" straight pipe. Loud and fiddlestick and but gets the job done for now. Have been beating the piss out of it. Burned through one clutch so far but other than that loose bolts have been the only issue.

Video.

Rear differential bearings went out so I decided to tear it down for some TLC. Ate up the gears when the bearing went out so I installed a set of BP gears with a new carrier. While I was at it I cleaned up the poopy tack welds and welded in some tacks. Also threw some paint on it so I could say its "done".

Question for you guys. Is there an adapter to run Baja tires on the Savage spindle? The new gearing is too much for the tires and it is tearing them up.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210531_102557.jpg
    20210531_102557.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210531_102731.jpg
    20210531_102731.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 10
Not that I'm aware of. But any decent machine shop could fab up a set fairly quick.

23mm hex for the Baja correct? I am able to find some 3d printed 17mm to 23mm hex adapters but what is the actuality of them holding. The plastic hex wheels have been holding up good.

I mean like I remember when I was reluctant to buy a pipe. But at least I bought a cheap one 🤣. Then couldn’t stand it and bought a Bart. This should work for you. I can’t bear to see that... do you need it? (The cheap one I bought) I mean it’s not good, but...I can’t see that monstrosity on ur build 🤦‍♂️🤣
image.jpg

I mean like I remember when I was reluctant to buy a pipe. But at least I bought a cheap one 🤣. Then couldn’t stand it and bought a Bart. This should work for you. I can’t bear to see that... do you need it? (The cheap one I bought) I mean it’s not good, but...I can’t see that monstrosity on ur build 🤦‍♂️🤣
https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rv87112
What do you mean? The entirety of this build is a monstrosity.

View attachment 75592
Wasn't so long ago bud🤦‍♂️🤣 skating on thin ice 🤨🤣🤣🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks