1/8 scale HPI Savage SC 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and it worked and I realized that you guys were right but THIS is sad
Ok let’s call it quits before he actually gets hurt
To be fair he put a lot into this... and it’s not good... but we’ve tried... imma let him do his thing now

Last edited:
I mean like I remember when I was reluctant to buy a pipe. But at least I bought a cheap one 🤣. Then couldn’t stand it and bought a Bart. This should work for you. I can’t bear to see that... do you need it? (The cheap one I bought) I mean it’s not good, but...I can’t see that monstrosity on ur build 🤦‍♂️🤣
View attachment 75592
Is it a steel pipe or aluminum?
Too slow to break much but I'm guessing the second.

Yeah it does tend to see some shelf time, broken or not. Usually preoccupied with other projects. Just turbocharged this Yanmar 3tnv70 (diesel) with a GT1241Z for example.

20210708_233539.jpg

Last edited:
Its a true Yanmar.
No it's a John deere yanmar, John deere had a pile of internal parts made to their specs so you can't get the majority of part through a yanmar dealer, you have to go back through deere. It's a deere engine, plane and simple. There for its a wanna be yanmar. Deere does the same thing to all their engines, its all about getting parts sales. Worked half my life for a shop that was both a deere and yanmar dealer. They don't interchange hardly anything.

question mate,
why no intercooler ?
and why's yer intake so long?
just askin (y)
A few reasons, boost pressure is relatively low (max is 6.5psi) and usually runs around 3psi. Therefore its not being pushed very hard causing the air to heat too much. Similar to the older 7.3 and 5.9 diesels. Also has a lack of space and air flow. To cool it would require an water to air intercooler. If EGTs stay in check without it is not really needed for the application.

The intake is long because it is tied into the stock dual element air box. It operates in very dusty conditions so keeping the dual element was mandatory.
No it's a John deere yanmar, John deere had a pile of internal parts made to their specs so you can't get the majority of part through a yanmar dealer, you have to go back through deere. It's a deere engine, plane and simple. There for its a wanna be yanmar. Deere does the same thing to all their engines, its all about getting parts sales. Worked half my life for a shop that was both a deere and yanmar dealer. They don't interchange hardly anything.
Its the same Yanmar that is used in the majority of the diesel Side by Side industry. Mechanical injection pump, idi industrial model. All the internals are the same for this series of motor, im sure it has a different block plate to mount to the CVT compared to other applications. Maybe slightly different mounting patterns. If it was JD only it wouldnt be branded Yanmar 3tnv70.

Last edited:
A few reasons, boost pressure is relatively low (max is 6.5psi) and usually runs around 3psi. Therefore its not being pushed very hard causing the air to heat too much. Similar to the older 7.3 and 5.9 diesels. Also has a lack of space and air flow. To cool it would require an water to air intercooler. If EGTs stay in check without it is not really needed for the application.

The intake is long because it is tied into the stock dual element air box. It operates in very dusty conditions so keeping the dual element was mandatory.
You do realize you 100% full of poop? Right? A factory 7.3l turbo diesel would run right around 13psi boot from the factory, a factory 5.9 non intercooled was around 23 psi. The intercoolers back in the day were to meat emission standards. It wasn't till later everyone jumped on the ooo it helps increase power out put as well by dropping the air temp. Problem is intercooler complicate the air system, hog room, add cost, and increase air tract volume causing the turbo to work harder for any given psi of boost produced. Typically noticed as more lag in the turbo. Up untill the early 90s there wernt many intercooled turbo engines. simply put, the right sized turbo for the power output of the engine will have better response and not generate enough heat to worry about. too little air flow, and too much fuel causes high egts. Your idea of too much air in a diesel is just flat out wrong.

It’s a bad design that’s really old and dated.
Idi 24.7hp stock, it is a 2018 with zero emissions. They are reliable
You do realize you 100% full of poop? Right? A factory 7.3l turbo diesel would run right around 13psi boot from the factory, a factory 5.9 non intercooled was around 23 psi. The intercoolers back in the day were to meat emission standards. It wasn't till later everyone jumped on the ooo it helps increase power out put as well by dropping the air temp. Problem is intercooler complicate the air system, hog room, add cost, and increase air tract volume causing the turbo to work harder for any given psi of boost produced. Typically noticed as more lag in the turbo. Up untill the early 90s there wernt many intercooled turbo engines. simply put, the right sized turbo for the power output of the engine will have better response and not generate enough heat to worry about. too little air flow, and too much fuel causes high egts. Your idea of too much air in a diesel is just flat out wrong.
Lack of air flow meaning the vehicle doesn't travel fast enough for an air-air cooler to work as it should.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks