1/8 scale HPI Savage SC 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The engine placement doesn't allow for any off the shelf pipes to fit. Most need atleast a different header. While I am not opposed to buying something new and cutting it up, it would be nice to avoid it.

The cone shape and pipe length are arguably the most important part. Stinger placement and size will also affect the pipes performance. I haven't found any sort of calculator that's convenient to use ie on line. Basically trial and error or loosely base it off of another design. There are/ were kits available at one time to make your own, I've not looked into it in some time as off the shelf products have been satisfactory for my needs.

Roughed in a pipe based off looking at aftermarket pipes and what would fit. Definitely a pain in the ass. It is made with 4 different sizes of pipe. Hard to get the cones perfectly symmetrical and the surfaces flat. A lot of welding and grinding but the basic shape is built. What would you guys recommend for the stinger placement and diameter? Off the end of the cone or coming out the side?

The diameter in the middle is 3".

20210711_165837.jpg

Roughed in a pipe based off looking at aftermarket pipes and what would fit. Definitely a pain in the ass. It is made with 4 different sizes of pipe. Hard to get the cones perfectly symmetrical and the surfaces flat. A lot of welding and grinding but the basic shape is built. What would you guys recommend for the stinger placement and diameter? Off the end of the cone or coming out the side?

The diameter in the middle is 3".

View attachment 75681
😂🤣😅 I think it’s 💩 and a waste of time, but that’s just me.

Just why? 🤔
It was good practice for hand forming cones without rolling sheet metal cut from a template. The spectrum of tuned pipes has quite a range of shapes and sizes. If it can land somewhere in that range it is better than the straight pipe it has now.

I don't think any pipe will make this thing fast or look even presentable. Plus, I doubt it will even perform good, since you didnt match it to your engine specifically, copied a already terrible pipe, and probably flows much worse then the already terrible pipe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks