Bad news for my new red arrow 34cc engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The piston is free and clear of any chips or dents. It just seems odd..the piston looked like it was rubbing on sandpaper.. im gunna say i didn't have a good feeling about this engine from day one. When I had to swap clutch housings on it I found alot shavings from machining on the outside of the seal but I brushed it off and ran it. So im going to say no more red arrow stuff

was just a thought thats all mate (y),
now you've added the bit about the shavings on the seals, then that may point towards lack of care by whoever ported it,
if it was me i'd be curious and do a complete strip and flush everything out with brake clean on some paper towel just to see if theres any more metal/shavings in the bearings or anywhere else,
another thing is, are both the wrist pin clips fully home in there slots ?
possibly some damage from a loose or bent clip,

No offense taken @spents . I did take the engine all the way down and did not see anymore metal. I had half a mind to tear into the bearing cages to see how each ball bearing looks. But so far nothing and I stand corrected after wiping down the cylinder I have 4 gouges.

No offense taken @spents . I did take the engine all the way down and did not see anymore metal. I had half a mind to tear into the bearing cages to see how each ball bearing looks. But so far nothing and I stand corrected after wiping down the cylinder I have 4 gouges.

no offence was meant mate :LOL:,
theremust have been something floating around in there that was harder than the alloy shavings though especially if theres pitting/small dents on the piston top or roof of the head,
i feel for you though with it being a new engine,

I'll think about it z. If the bearing was cheaper than buying a whole crank I'd do it. And heres the redneck pre filterView attachment 66341

My first thought was that was some really deep scoring for sand to make. There is a really good posibility that the head was sanded and cleaned up properly after porting and a few burs got knocked into the head. Did you notice any sand or dust inside your turtle racing intake?
@Rep732 had said that filter was compromised.........look at the sand in the middle of the redneck ??‍♂️??

@Rep732 had said that filter was compromised.........look at the sand in the middle of the redneck ??‍♂️??
I mean that’s what the filter is for. If the filter gets dirty that means it’s doing it’s job if the filter has dirt but there’s no dirt in the intake or carb then why would we think it just skipped those and went straight to the cylinder. Especially if rep used filter oil.

Well it also depends how dirty the filter is and if the inside edge of the filter is extremely dirty then that isn't good at all either. you had a lot of protection there a outerwears a pre filter and then the filter so if the dirt is getting that deep then maybe the filter material isn't dense enough for where you drive or maybe there is a leak somewhere else on the carb or somewhere else on the motor.That really sucks and I feel for you man.

Im not seeing how, anything bad that could cause that much damage that fast, would have gotten past 4 levels of filtration. Its would be rather mind boggling, if it did. And the entire intake tract would look blasted as well. Imo something gave up the ghost inside.
That’s what I was saying? Looks like some metal shavings to me

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks