Braap’s raminator build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my 4th differential, now do I have to drill threw it. What size screw is that. Also do I have to dremmel that Red part of the differential to make clearance for the lock nut.
Remove all four stock screws, drill out the holes using an 11/64 bit. Then use a dremel and carefully and slowly grind down some of the red housing of the diff just til the nylon lock nut can sit there. I apologize as I don't remember what size screws I used and I am at work for next 10 hours. I can try to check when home tonight. The key is to use a screw that fits snug into holes with no slop and just extends through enough to completely come through the nylon lock nut but not stick out super far. This is a fix a lot of us are doing and seems to be a solid repair and solution! 🏁🏁

Last edited:
Remove all four stock screws, drill out the holes using an 11/16 bit. Then use a dremel and carefully and slowly grind down some of the red housing of the diff just til the nylon lock nut can sit there. I apologize as I don't remember what size screws I used and I am at work for next 10 hours. I can try to check when home tonight. The key is to use a screw that fits snug into holes with no slop and just extends through enough to completely come through the nylon lock nut but not stick out super far. This is a fix a lot of us are doing and seems to be a solid repair and solution! 🏁🏁
Thanks alot, cause I was ready to throw this truck in the trash, cause it ain't nothing but problem after problem and sleepless nights looking for a fix. $3,000 for a headache and stress.

Attachments

• 20211013_141103.jpg
    20211013_141103.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 9
Any luck on a first run?! 🤞🤞
Unfortunately have not taken out yet. don't know where to run this beast. ☹️💪 The streets at home are too small for this monster. Last night ordered 600$ worth from TRC. Got the silencer like shakidd suggested. Also got all 3 body post js performance and also the steering link.

went to the hills today and went dirtbiking. Coulda taken it there with me but too much to take on short notice with the bike and all.

i will definitely report back when i run it for the first time.
O forgot to mention wheelie bar too

Unfortunately have not taken out yet. don't know where to run this beast. ☹️💪 The streets at home are too small for this monster. Last night ordered 600$ worth from TRC. Got the silencer like shakidd suggested. Also got all 3 body post js performance and also the steering link.

went to the hills today and went dirtbiking. Coulda taken it there with me but too much to take on short notice with the bike and all.

i will definitely report back when i run it for the first time.
O forgot to mention wheelie bar too
Your gonna really like the JS body mounts and links. Also look into the Taylor RC steering link mounts. It will get rid of the metal bushing, add bearings and takes out any and all slop. It also appears he just came out with a version 2 that accepts an 8mm bolt. That kit will require you to drill and tap the axle for the 8mm bolt. The kit will come with the drill bit and tap for it. I have the version 1s front and rear and never had an issue. Even bought a few extra break-away bolts for em and been happy to never have had to change them.

I was really hoping in all that he purchased , there wasn't a worthless nudge bar in there , don't buy that piece of crap , looks great , but if the wind blows in northerneasterly , you will need a new one , also in a different rant I saw you guys having issues with the bolts on the diffs ? Evidently I've been lucky I've had no diff issues yet , is everybody trying heat before turning these bolts ! Or is there a different problem going on there , I know I'll be doing them , so very curious as to what's going on

I was really hoping in all that he purchased , there wasn't a worthless nudge bar in there , don't buy that piece of crap , looks great , but if the wind blows in northerneasterly , you will need a new one , also in a different rant I saw you guys having issues with the bolts on the diffs ? Evidently I've been lucky I've had no diff issues yet , is everybody trying heat before turning these bolts ! Or is there a different problem going on there , I know I'll be doing them , so very curious as to what's going on

The diff bolts back out inside causing major destruction to everything. It's just a simple fix to rid the problem

2 of mine were snapped and broken just barely hanging in the diff without even touching with a tool. Another run or two, would have backed out and been a bad expensive day. Not gonna run my truck again until I open and mod the front diff. I would get ahead of it and do yours Relic.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks